Veron

Playtime Stackers

4 posts in this topic

I recently purchased the Playtime Stackers pattern book from Annie's Craft Store.  I was wondering if anyone else has worked with these patterns. 

I am having a problem with sewing the rings together after they are stuffed.  The instructions are to crochet the complete rings and then sew the ends together after being stuffed.  I cannot see how the ends could be sewed together after stuffing.  I've done others of this kind of pattern and usually they are crocheted and the sewn together lengthwise.  I must be missing something here.

I would very much appreciate any help on this.  Thanks.

Welcome to Crochetville!

I've done rings before, but they had me stuff and sew the inside of the ring together.  Do you have a long tube that curls around, like a ring?  If yes, then both ends should have the same number of stitches.  I would graft them together.  Google "crochet grafting."  Here is one video that shows you how ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLMRy1pKcc

Wow!  That was quick.  Yes, it is a tube as you thought.  I did view the video and I think that's what I need to do.  I just wanted to be sure that I would be doing it correctly. 

Thank you so very much, again.  This is my first time using this site.  I just signed in today. 

You are wonderful.

1 person likes this