Playtime Stackers - How to sew together after stuffing?

Veron

Question

I recently purchased the Playtime Stackers pattern book from Annie's Craft Store.  I was wondering if anyone else has worked with these patterns. 

I am having a problem with sewing the rings together after they are stuffed.  The instructions are to crochet the complete rings and then sew the ends together after being stuffed.  I cannot see how the ends could be sewed together after stuffing.  I've done others of this kind of pattern and usually they are crocheted and the sewn together lengthwise.  I must be missing something here.

I would very much appreciate any help on this.  Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

I've done rings before, but they had me stuff and sew the inside of the ring together.  Do you have a long tube that curls around, like a ring?  If yes, then both ends should have the same number of stitches.  I would graft them together.  Google "crochet grafting."  Here is one video that shows you how ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLMRy1pKcc

Wow!  That was quick.  Yes, it is a tube as you thought.  I did view the video and I think that's what I need to do.  I just wanted to be sure that I would be doing it correctly. 

Thank you so very much, again.  This is my first time using this site.  I just signed in today. 

You are wonderful.

Archived