rmpbklyn

Question

8 answers to this question

Im glad to see the pattern has symbol diagrams and step by step photos, those should be a big help. Are you stuck on a certain step?

Did you already look through the posts and comments about it on ravelry? http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ten-stitch-blanket-crochet Also often the project pages are helpful with notes and in progress photos.

Im glad to see the pattern has symbol diagrams and step by step photos, those should be a big help. Are you stuck on a certain step?

Did you already look through the posts and comments about it on ravelry? http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ten-stitch-blanket-crochet Also often the project pages are helpful with notes and in progress photos.

the link posted is where got the instrucitons.  the comments don't explain the beginning corner.

The link that you posted has all of the instructions.  First it explains that you'll do a 10 sc stitch by 10 row square.  Then you'll do an ending corner, followed by a beginning corner.  Below the guide for which sections to complete it has detailed instructions.  They are labeled "First Square", "Ending Corner", "First Beginning Corner", etc.

It sounds like you have your square and first ending corner.  Follow the instructions for the first beginning corner.  Turn your work 90 degrees.  Don't turn it over.  You'll be starting in the single stitch that you made in the last row of the ending corner and working along the edge.  There are detailed instructions and photos. 

It's against forum rules for me to repeat the entire 10 rows of the beginning corner.  It is okay to type out a few rows where you're having trouble.  Is there something specific that you don't understand?

I just read your comment on Ravelry.  "im also having problem with beginning corner/triangle. Don’t know how to start. I already did the base square the ending triangle/corner. Do I sl into a ridge and then chain then do a sc, will that count as the first row of the begin corner?"

Here is the first instruction for the first beginning corner:

1. (Sc, ch 2, sc) all in the only st of Row 9 of the Ending Corner – indicated by an arrow in photo 1 (see Photos 1 and 2).  Sl st into the next 2 rows of the Ending Corner (indicated by arrows in Photo 2) and turn.  (Photos 2 and 3)

You're not starting with a slip stitch.  When you move your work 90 degrees, the last row (single stitch) of the ending corner is on the bottom, just like it was a previous row.  You'll do the sc, ch2, sc all in that single stitch.  Then you'll do a slip stitch in each of the next 2 rows.  The photos should help.

Have you worked in the end of rows before?  It's what you do when you add a border to something made by rows.  Here's a tutorial for adding a border evenly.  Even though it's not exactly what you are doing, the concept is the same.

http://www.crochetspot.com/crochet-finish-technique-crochet-evenly-around/

Sometimes things appear differently than they really are and we can only see it when more is done.  I'll bet when you add the 2nd strip it will no longer appear to be rounded.  Keep going and see.  If you don't like the results, you can always call this practice.  :)

Sometimes things appear differently than they really are and we can only see it when more is done.  I'll bet when you add the 2nd strip it will no longer appear to be rounded.  Keep going and see.  If you don't like the results, you can always call this practice.  :)

thanks so much!!!! i got it , it was the sc, ch2, sc in  the same without turning. and  2sc in the same spot where sl . by 2dc before the sl, it was making it roundish . i got a pic on phone , i'll try to attach

Archived