Adding a Hood to this Fairy Tale Poncho...?

plbejbi0lka

Question

Hi everyone!

I just found this community today and I'm pretty excited about it  :cheer !

I have wanted to crochet and knit for years and never got around to it until about 2-3 months ago when I decided it was time and I first got the hang of knitting and crocheting followed a couple weeks after - all on YouTube believe it or not!

Anyway, I am finally beginning to experiment with reading patterns (I started just following along on YouTube) and modifying them...Still trying to learn...

I found this perfect and beautiful pattern for a 'Fairy Tale poncho' and I absolutely LOVE it. I feel like I would love it even more if I added a hood to it. Does anyone have any idea how I could do that?

Here is the link for the pattern: http://www.mooglyblog.com/fairy-tale-poncho/ 

Thank you in advance for any input!  :manyheart

1 answer to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

You've got a perfect pattern for adding a hood, because the beginning instructions for it are already given.  A simple hood is a large rectangle, joined to the neck of the sweater at the bottom and folded in half and sewed together at the top.  The collar is the start of a hood.  Instead of stopping after 4 rows, keep going.  If you want a hood that is fit for your head, make enough rows so that the sides meet at the top of your head.  If you want a looser fitting hood, make the rows ~ 11-12" in height.  After it is the length you want, fold the sides in half and join them together.

Archived