Any Afghan CAL [2017]

jessicali

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

Welcome!! I didn't see a thread for this CAL yet, so I figured I would go ahead and start one. 

This is a CAL for those who with to share the afghans they make throughout the year. There aren't any real rules or anything. Feel free to ask questions about patterns or problems you might have. 

I will add a line in my signature like this: "Any Afghan CAL 2017 +0" and once I finish an afghan, I will change the number at the end. 

Happy crocheting!

Good morning!  I'm joining this CAL this time!  I've watched it from afar for way too long!  I might be cheating on this first item, though, because I've been working on 2 baby blankets for about 2 weeks, and just finished them last night.  And, since my camera doesn't work well,(or could it be the person using it???) there aren't any pix!  I have one friend who has a great grandson due soon, and a niece who is expecting around July or August, so one of the afghans is blue, and the other I made is pink (wishful thinking??).

I may as well join too!  I haven't been on here very much lately so maybe this will motivate me to check in more often.  I have a few afghans that I'm currently working on so hopefully I will be able to complete them pretty soon! 

Oh, no, I just looked up the moorland cal and I love the colors. Are y'all using that yarn or making your own color choices? I really don't need another throw on my list but I may have to try this one.

I looked it up too...it's beautiful....and I was tempted, but I'm working on convincing myself that five afghans in progress is probably enough for now....

I'm doing the Attic 24, too and am loving it! I'm appreciating that it's relatively simple, especially after the Mandala Madness I finished up for Christmas!

Oh, no, I just looked up the moorland cal and I love the colors. Are y'all using that yarn or making your own color choices? I really don't need another throw on my list but I may have to try this one.

The colors were y favorite part!! I ordered the colors for the ghan... and with shipping fro the UK it was only around...hmm... maybe 26 dollars... beautiful colors!!!! Hugs~ Lea

Well I've been stuck on an afghan for over 3 nights now!  I'm doing the Holiday Cables Throw by RedHeart and have been stuck on rows 49 and 50!  Finally at bedtime last night the light bulb clicked on!  I figured out what I'm doing wrong!  Now I can't wait to get back and frog that stupid row for the 5th time!  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

My first afghan of 2017.  Finished on January 30 - the goal was to have it finished by the end of January. Whew!!!  Shown on a queen sized bed.

Can I just say I think you are completely brave (or utterly out of your mind) for doing that much black in an afghan?! lol. Only because my eyes would HATE me. Black has to be my least favorite color to work with. The afghan turned out beautiful!

I am slacking. I haven't even started an afghan this year, however, I plan to buy some yarn this weekend to start one on my plane ride next week. I am flying from Kansas City to Tampa,  but have a 2 hour layover in Washington DC, and then on my way back have about an hour layover in Charlotte NC, so PLENTY of crochet time I think! I won't have much time to crochet while in Tampa due to being there for work and I will also be spending time with my cousin and her daughter who I hardly EVER get to see due to the difference. And of course, because... The Beach. Really hoping to spend Thursday at the beach after getting registered and signed in for conference Friday and Saturday! 

Archived