2017 Forum Fun: Your Suggestions Needed

Amy

We'd like to come up with some ideas for special forum fun activities for 2017.

Plans so far:

January: Special Snowflake Game

March: 5th annual National Crochet Month blog tour

Do you have any other ideas for fun activities throughout the year? If so, post them here!

I have been trying to think of something to suggests to support your efforts to increase activities.

The only thing that comes to mind is an online free pattern scavenger hunt.  I don't know if it would be allowed,

legal or of interest but my thought was a theme hunt or search like heart related for February or egg related

patterns for April, flowers for May.  I'm sure there are legal issues to consider but maybe something like this could work

or maybe it has been done before and is of little value.

• 3 weeks later...

The Snowflake game looks fun but again, there is little participation. Swaps were always the same way, as it was always the same, few members that participate. I don't think there will be much participation.

It is difficult to get more participation, but I always look forward to the March tour.:)

One idea is- to pick an item theme to crochet on a quarterly basis- such as clothing, toy, purse, home accesory, jewelry...... and members share their progress. At the end of the quarter, hopefully the item is complete.

I like your quarterly theme idea, #1Crochetfan!

I didn't sign up for the snowflake game. It just seemed too complicated for the time I would have to put into it. January is not a slow month for me...putting up Christmas, starting on taxes. Not sure I have a slow month. LOL

I enjoy the March blog tour to see new designers but it gets somewhat convoluted with having to go from one site to another--rather time consuming.

I have signed up for a few swaps, but I think a basis insecurity about the partner liking it makes me hesitate.

I certainly appreciate that overseeing a group/site like this is complicated.

what about a CAL that ends with a swap? Everyone that signs up can share their progress and half way thru they receive the name of the person they are gifting to? Maybe give a month's time for CAL ? Something on the smaller side so postage isn't an issue - dish towels, a clutch, coaster set, a stuffed animal, etc.. 

• 2 weeks later...

How about starting with a KISS swap.  Something small that everyone can get into, even our young crocheters.  Kitchen, ami, toy, flowers or anything not to big.  Get people involved slowly.

I would help run one or two.

I also did not join the snowflake, it seemed to complicated.

How about starting with a KISS swap.  Something small that everyone can get into, even our young crocheters.  Kitchen, ami, toy, flowers or anything not to big.  Get people involved slowly.

I would help run one or two.

I also did not join the snowflake, it seemed to complicated.

Love this idea

I think doing things on a somewhat regular basis throughout the year is the key to get/keep people engaged and active. You work so hard to present us with all the daily stuff in March and then its pretty dead the rest of the year. I understand why you do it daily but its almost overwhelming for me. I would actually enjoy it more if things like that were spread out through the year.

I think doing things on a somewhat regular basis throughout the year is the key to get/keep people engaged and active. You work so hard to present us with all the daily stuff in March and then its pretty dead the rest of the year. I understand why you do it daily but its almost overwhelming for me. I would actually enjoy it more if things like that were spread out through the year.

I agree! I understand that March is crochet month, but it's hard to find the time every day for a month to really look through all the information about the designers and yarn shops that are featured.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to do a swap! I'm even willing to help organize it.

I read about the KISS swaps you'll did years ago and I would love to do one. 

They could be themes like favorite color, spring related, bookmarks, clutches, etc.

It's always a nice surprise receiving a crochet item from someone else!

Archived