2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I HAVE BEEN BUSY!!!!!

worked off two more skeins of bulky yarn and wanted to show off what i got finished so far this week!

so + 4 more!

post-51088-0-15194100-1484205023_thumb.jpg

7 hats finished so far and one cowl, plus one more on the way!!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've jumped in the deep end. I just ordered the yarn pack for the Attic24 Moorland CAL---15 skeins. Not sure how long it will take to get here from the UK. I couldn't resist the colors and the fact that it was $30 including shipping.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Hobby Lobby and will be getting the yarn for 3 mermaid tails. Two will be smaller than the pattern, but I'm buying the pattern amounts just to be safe. So I'm looking at 18 skeins.

Hi all!!! This week I made a total of 9 regular market bags, 1 HUGE double strand bag, a pair of slippers for myself, and two sets of hat & scarf for Operation Gratitude. All in all I used 31 skeins and 7 balls up.

WTD: +69

YTD: +109

Scores for the week ending 1/14/17:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +69

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +26

Bronze Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +13

pineknott +7

howieann +4

PBLKNP +4

yarnscrapper +2

Ellie 13 +1

Shoot the Moon Winner: Addicted2patterns -2

A good week of crocheting!!

Scores for the week ending 1/14/17:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +69

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +26

Bronze Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +13

pineknott +7

howieann +4

PBLKNP +4

yarnscrapper +2

Ellie 13 +1

Shoot the Moon Winner: Addicted2patterns -2

A good week of crocheting!!

I will take this week if you don't want to Addicted2patterns, i was at work all day today and couldn't post

I've started a shrug for myself and already used up one skein, but I'm really feeling pulled to try and sew some things...which I'm mildly terrified about because my sewing machine intimidates me to no end  :( I've got a pair of fat quarter blankets (6 fat quarters for the top and fleece for the back) that I really just need to sew back & top together and they'll be done but they've been sitting waiting for my attention for almost 2 & a half years...I really need to get these done....does anyone else feel like you're cheating on your stash when you do some other kind of crafting?? :lol Wish me luck!!!

I have to say that although I don't talk to y'all outside of this forum, joining this forum has definitely made me feel more accountable for my random yarn purchases.  :yes

Yesterday, while we waited for my daughter's friend to be picked up, I took the girls to Joann's "just to look". Of course we made our way to the yarn aisle but I resisted the urge and I'm happy to report I did not buy more yarn  :clap

I've started a shrug for myself and already used up one skein, but I'm really feeling pulled to try and sew some things...which I'm mildly terrified about because my sewing machine intimidates me to no end  :( I've got a pair of fat quarter blankets (6 fat quarters for the top and fleece for the back) that I really just need to sew back & top together and they'll be done but they've been sitting waiting for my attention for almost 2 & a half years...I really need to get these done....does anyone else feel like you're cheating on your stash when you do some other kind of crafting?? :lol Wish me luck!!!

Totally!!!!!! :rofl 

I got the aran   :yarn (- 2) I needed to finish the prayer shawl. It's almost 1/2 gone, by the time I finish the border I should be able to roll it down. I also made more heart pins and used a small ball of white thread (+ 1) :cheer . So by Sat. I might be back to 0 :lol .

WTD:  - 1  YTD:  0

Ellie 13

Archived