2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Sounds like you are stocked up and ready to go, Jessie. It's always fun to find such great deals.

I weaved in a bunch of ends yesterday. The GDs Valentine's happies are ready and eight scarves for Christmas. I'm about halfway through with the first mermaid tail.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think I'd be all set for a while with my haul from yesterday, right? Well, I'm nearly through my first set of skeins (3 colors repeating in this pattern) and I realized I didn't have enough yarn to make the full piece..double checked the pattern and realized the yarn used in the pattern has skeins nearly twice as big as Vanna's Choice skeins (going by yardage). SO, I went back to Michael's today to pick up another 15 skeins for the baby projects....and 4 Caron Cakes just happened to jump into the cart as well...so that's another 19 skeins I brought home today!  And they didn't have one of the colors I needed to get more of, so I'll have to get 8 more skeins before I can make the gift for my cousin who's due to have her son in May...sigh... 

In the box of stuff I sorted last week I found a slightly used pounder of a fuzzy light green (12 oz. maybe). I started a Box stitch (C2C) scarf. I used 1/2 of it and rolled it down (+ 1). Hopefully I'll finish the scarf this weekend :cheer . My friend gave me 3 balls of cotton for potholders (- 6) :( .

WTD: + 6   YTD: + 11

Ellie 13

My birthday is Mon. so I'm at my parents this weekend. I finished the light green scarf except for the border. Mom and I went to Michael's and I got some off white :yarn to border (-2). I'll have enough left to make an off white scarf with a light green border. I'll finish the scarf and start the off white one on the subway/bus ride home. I hope the :2snow or  :2rain they're predicting doesn't cause travel problems. I wouldn't mind spending another day here :c9 , but my boss might get :angry .

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 9

Ellie 13

Hi all!! So this week I completed two preemie sets and I've nearly got this baby blanket I started on Thursday finished..used a total of 8 skeins (+16). But I also bought a grand total of 59 skeins this week (-118)...although I'm very proud to say that today I saw the Lion Brand equivalent of Caron Cakes (really pretty colors and less expensive, although the skeins are smaller) and I had 4 skeins in my hands before I stopped myself and I put them back instead of buying them  :lol

WTD: -102

YTD: +155

I'm sure I'm going to wind up doing the scores for next week  :D

Scores for the week ending 2/11/17:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +8

Silver Medal Winner--tie at +4: Ellie 13 & greyhoundgrandma

Bronze Medal Winner: PinkGlitter +3

Holding steady:

yarnscrapper

PBLKNP

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -102

If my dog chewed up yarn and I had to throw it away :cry , does that count?

If so I'm +2 for the week!  :lol

Note to all: do not give your dog kitty treat (got a free sample) because they'll develop cat like tendencies! 

LOL! Yes, it does count, no matter how it leaves your stash.

Slow week for crocheting here. I had an all day training Tuesday and a stomach bug yesterday, didn't even feel like reading. I think lack of energy will make this a read or crochet afternoon although I have the GDs for a little while.

I used the 3 skeins of cotton making potholders (+ 6) :cheer .  I found a ball of light green, from the used pounder I think, so I'm making green stripes in the off white scarf. I might have to get some green :yarn  for shamrock pins soon, maybe next week.

WTD: + 6  YTD: + 15

Ellie 13

Hi all!!! I'll post the week's ranking after church tomorrow, so it won't be until after 1 pm EST.

This week I finished one baby blanket that I gave as a gift today, made a second baby blanket start to finish, made a set called the Super Stud set (pants w adjustable suspenders, bow tie & hat for a newborn), finished the last 2 preemie sets I wanted to make for this month, and made what my friend calls a preemie octopus (they figured out that having a toy octopus in the bassinet with preemies help the babies get stronger cause the tentacles remind the baby of the umbilical cord...how cool is that?!) All of that used up a total of 10 balls and 5 skeins (+20). I also figured out that I over bought yarn for those baby blankets I did this week and my cousin changed her mind about what she wants for her baby gift, so I returned a whole lot of the yarn I bought last week! 32 skeins in total (+64)

WTD: +84

YTD: +239

We did great this week everyone!!!! No negative scores at all!!! :clap  :yay Yay for us!!

Gold : Inkked0317 +84

Silver : MalisaMeesa +19

Bronze : Ellie 13 +6

Bustin the Stash!

howieann +4

PinkGlitter +2

greyhoundgrandma +2

Holding Steady!

PBLKNP 0

pineknott 0

I'm proud of us!!! :manyheart  :hug  :cheer

Took my daughter with me to a finger crocheting class at Michael's last night.

They were suggesting we buy the chunky yarn for the scarf but I resisted and we brought our own  :yarn  Used 3 strands each so that took care of (almost all) 6 balls of yarn! So exciting!  :woo

I will make little hearts or flowers with the left overs today.  :yes

Archived