2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

The single aim of my shawl is warmth so I'm using homespun, fiesta is the color. The pattern is Mama's Stitchery Projects' no beginning chaIn crazy block afghan. It's for a friend who has cancer and is having a stem cell transplant in February.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

The single aim of my shawl is warmth so I'm using homespun, fiesta is the color. The pattern is Mama's Stitchery Projects' no beginning chaIn crazy block afghan. It's for a friend who has cancer and is having a stem cell transplant in February.

I'm so sorry for your friend, Mona ~ :(  I'm sure your shawl will brighten her day.  Sounds pretty!  I love the HomeSpun yarn, even tho it can be a pain to work with (at least for me).  I made a hooded scarf a couple of years ago, in deep tones, for myself . . . ended up giving it to my sweet dght-n-law ~ :D   Prayers for your friend.

Well, here are my scores for the final 2017 run:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -2 YTD +59

I’m hoping to work through more stash in th new year.  I’m also hoping to do more crocheting.  It seems, lately, that people want me to knit them things rather than crochet.  I think I need to take on something that’s just for me and something that I really want to do.  

Hi everyone!

I'm adding up my score for this week and I just can't stop laughing cause these numbers are just rediculous :lol between actual yarn gifted to me, and yarn that I bought with Christmas gift money, it's insane how much I added to my stash in the past 7 days! I was given 20 skeins by Hubs and the girls (-40). Then I bought a grand total of 58 skeins (-116) on a great sale at Michael's. That's 78 freaking skeins of yarn folks. It's crazy and I have no where to put any of it so I really need to get hooking just so I can attempt to find anything in that corner of my bedroom ;)

I did manage to do a complete inventory of my stash (pre-shopping) and pulled 10 balls of baby yarn that I will never use so I donated those to my church group (+10). I also used one ball on the scrap blanket I started last week (+1) and used up a skein of my new cotton yarn making potholders yesterday (+2). I honestly don't even know why I bothered to count these pluses cause they're not going to make a dent in the damage I did to my score lol.

Here's my final score for the year...

WTD: -143

YTD: +376

I am really happy with the TON of projects I made this year and that I had made a HUGE dent in my stash (before shopping this week). I'm really looking forward to seeing what I make in 2018! I've got my list of projects I want to do, and now I have interest being expressed at me making stuffies to sell through my cousin's children's boutique company. Of course, if we do go ahead with that, I'll only be using patterns that I have the creator's permission to make from and proper credit for the design will be given. It's just kind of exciting to think about...

I hope all of you have a very happy New Year's and an extremely blessed 2018!!:yay

I like the doll blanket idea. But I'm going to see how many of the colors work with the kits I got for Christmas. If I can use it up that way, I will. Although it would be cute for the girlies to have matching blankets. You'll be ok!

Archived