2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have finished another skein this afternoon, but I took a nap instead. LOL It's our second day of below freezing highs and lows in the teens so it's definitely been a stay in and crochet or read weekend. I'm trying to get some good numbers going before I spend my gift cards to Joann and Hobby Lobby.

WTD +31

OK so my church does a 21 day fast every January, to help us focus more on God's word...so I'm fasting Facebook and gaming (two huge time sucks in my life) I foresee myself getting A LOT of crochet done in the next couple weeks  :lol

In this first week, I made a Bavarian stitch baby blanket for a friend, a hat and scarf set for Operation Gratitude, the Spiderman doll from those kits I bought (realized I'll never again voluntarily work on anything that small and I'll be using WW yarn doubled to make the rest of the patterns), used the remaining baby weight yarn from both kits to make a granny square that turned out to be just barely big enough for a baby blanket for my 3 yr old's doll, tested out an original pattern based on a quilt square, and 3 market bags for grocery shopping. I used a total of 20 balls (+20) and 10 skeins (+20).

WTD: +40

YTD: +40

I've started a new project - a little crocheted hoodie for our grandson for his second birthday.  I thought I was going to make it through a skein, but no dice yet.

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +0

:bang  :bang  :bang

Self-buying yarn sounds like a good addition to the dictionary!

Great first week, Jessie! It's really easy to spend a lot of time on the computer.

Sometimes the skein just seems to have no end, Pam, unless you're trying to finish a project before you run out.

Scores for the week ending 1/7/17:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +40

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +31

Bronze Medal Winner: howieann +16

pineknott +3

Ellie 13 0

yarnscrapper 0

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: MalisaMeesa -36

Count me in for this. I don't expect to get off to a good start; I'm planning on doing some temperature afghans and I don't have all the colors I need, especially since I decided that I don't like the default scale and came up with my own. I do however, hope to actually finish at least one, and use up some skeins in the process.

Welcome to the group! Buying yarn in 10 colors for two temperature blankets helped tank my score last year. LOL I had no idea how much yarn I needed and since I was ordering it,I wanted to make sure I had enough. I finished one and the other is on my to do list this year, but I'll have yarn left over.

Archived