2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I've been talking about this for ages, I thought I'd show you my preliminary placing of the Mary Maxim Crochet-Along squares (to be sewn together). 

IMG_1884.JPG

I haven't been here since June 9th  :eek . I'll start at 0 because I don't know what I had for the last month or so. I made many hats and pocket prayer shawls. I also bought some :yarn.

I'll try to get here more often if my computer cooperates (I'm at the library now.)

Got to go catch a bus.

WTD: 0 YTD: 46

Ellie 13

I'm still sewing crochet squares together, so no real dent in the yarn usage.  I'm hoping to get the afghan done this coming week, so I can begin on the baby sweater I'm doing for a friend's October arrival.

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0  YTD +36

:D

Hi all!! I've got family in from out of state, so I'm late posting my weekly score! I'm currently working on a sea turtle blanket for a friend, and I used up 2 skeins on it!

WTD:+4

YTD: +300

I'm going to do the weekly standing now!

Looks like we have a pair of ties ;)

GOLD: greyhoundgrandma & Inkked0317 (+4)

HOLDING STEADY: Ellie13 & PBLKNP (0)

no negatives for this week!!!:yay

I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  I've sewn together the squares for the Mary Maxim Mystery Crochet-Along, and now I just have to put on the border, so no using up of skeins this week...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0  YTD +36

:D

I'm working on a sea turtle blanket but have family in visiting from out of state and we moved my mom down yesterday from PA, so I haven't actually finished anything off this week! 

WTD 0

YTD 300

I am new to this tread. I read few of your posts and started thinking about my yarn stash............:(.

I do not think I will ever be able to show of nice numbers for stashbusting. Because I love making amigurumi. Those things they are very time consuming, but they do not use up much yarn.

Maybe I should start making blankets?. I know that would help a lot to use up my yarn! LOL.

I do love to buy yarns! :(.

Some of you girls are doing pretty well!:)

Krys

We would be glad to have you join us, Krys. Many of us have great ups and downs on our numbers. I for one can't resist a sale. But this group does help me be more aware of trying to use up the yarn I have.

Scores for the week ending 7/22/17:

Gold Medal Winner: ladychris2010 +3

Holding steady:

Inkked0317

greyhoundgrandma

PBLKNP

Restocking:

howieann -9

Shoot the Moon Winner: pineknott -10

After a week or more of heat indexes of 105-110, we're finally getting a little cooler temps. Unfortunately we missed the rain. I'm helping DH with a clean up project and then hopefully there'll be crochet time. I don't expect to finish any skeins anytime soon.

This is a record for me in the length of time I've stayed in the positive for the year. Maybe there's hope of finishing positive for the first time.

WTD 0 / YTD +48

I did a lot of gardening so I missed last week, but I kept track of my :yarn usage/purchases. I made 8 hats (2  regular baby and 6 preemie), 4 pocket prayer shawls and 10 small :turtle. I used up 8 small balls (+ 8) :cheer . I bought 1 skein for the turtles, have to have 20 by Aug. 18th (- 2) :( . I'm going to try to get 5 more :turtle done by Sun. night. The library is starting a knit/crochet for charity group. I might join that and donate the baby hats.

WTD: + 6   YTD: + 52

Ellie 13

Happy Saturday everyone!

I just finished the Sea Turtle Blanket my friend commissioned for her daughter's Christmas gift! That's all I worked on this week, as I've been feeling really badly about the delay with my relatives visiting. When I told my friend I'd be done this week, she was surprised it was so fast lol so I guess I've been stressing myself out for nothing! Anyway, I used up 2 skeins and 5 balls (+9) on this blanket this week.

WTD: +9

YTD: +309

Next week I'm aiming at making some exchange squares, finishing a gift project I started a few months ago, and preemie hats & blankets!

Well, my shipment from Love Knitting came in for 2 skeins of King Cole Comfortsoft yarn to make another baby sweater, this time for my coworker who's expecting.  It's a beautiful, soft yarn!  I'm using an off-white color, as they want to be surprised by the sex of the baby.

So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -4  YTD +32

:devil :devil :devil 

Archived