2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....... i'll be posting scores tomorrow afternoon, but i'm going to put a place holder here of 

WTD -100 (not an exact by any means but i'm going to a family members house and she is giving me her entire stash as she can no longer crochet or Knit)

YTD -118

I haven't been here since May 3rd. What have they done to this place? I can't find the emoticons. I don't like not getting what I want.

I did a lot of crocheting, I now have 11 baby hats, 10 young adult/adult hats 14 pocket prayer shawls. I used 3 skeins (+6) and 2 balls (+2) :yay.

WTD: + 8  YTD: + 41

Ellie 13

Hi all!! So I had a second full week of not being able to do much physically, as I'm still having severe muscle spasms in my lower back. I got several projects done while I caught up on my TV shows, but as of today I have (through an agreement with my manager) resigned from my job and can reapply for any open positions they have when I am completely recovered from this situation.:reyes

In better news, I made a bunch of preemie hats, a stuffed cow for a friend of mine's son, and a bunny lovie blanket for my eldest's best friend;s newborn niece. Used up a total of 15 balls (+15) and 2 skeins (+4).

WTD: +19

YTD: +251

After I finished the lovie, I kind of lost my cro-jo for a minute. Then I decided to work on a project just because I liked the pattern, something that I have no clue what I'm going to do with it once it's done but I think it's pretty and I want a new challenge, so I started a Mandala that, according to the directions, will end up being over 7 feet across when it's done! Wish me luck!!

Oh! I wanted to share a happy from today...got a thank you card from my cousin in the mail today. Her son was born 10 weeks early, and I immediately sent a pair of preemie octopi, a couple preemie blankets, and a bunch of preemie hats for him. In the card, she thanked me for sending the preemie stuff in addition to the regular sized blanket I made later. She also shared with me that the baby in the basinette next to our little fighter was pulling his tubes out repeatedly, so my cousin gave his momma one of the octopi I'd sent her, and once that little one had his own octopus, no more wires/tubes were pulled out! So on a day that I was feeling really down, I got news that because I love to play with yarn, I was able to help two little preemies! :manyheart  

Still slogging away with the Mary Maxim Mystery Crochet-Along - week 13 now.  Anyway, no action with using up stash, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0  YTD +44

ladies...... it was worse than i expected. 150 full skeins and then a trash bag full of balled up partial skeins..... totaling out to 70 balls!

I did how ever manage at the end of the evening today to use up a skein of bulky on a knitted cowl so +2 

WTD -368 

YTD -386

It takes a little while to find stuff and get used to the new look, Ellis 13. I sure did miss checking in while it was being upgraded. 

Jessie, muscle spasms are the pits! Hope you're better real soon. Great story about the octopi!

How much longer on the MMMCA, PBLKNP? Be sure and post a picture when it's done.

Sounds like your project possibilities are endless, MalissaMeesa. Have fun with your new stash.

Gold Medal: Inkked0317 +19

Silver Medal: Ellie 13 +8

Bronze Medal: GreyhoundGrandma +2

Hanging in the middle: PineKnott, Howieann and PBLKNP 0

THE OVERACHIEVER For Shoot the Moon: MalisaMeesa -368

16 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I haven't been here since May 3rd. What have they done to this place? I can't find the emoticons. I don't like not getting what I want.

Ellie, due to a server software upgrade, we were forced into a forum software upgrade without advance notice to n which to prepare ourselves and forum members. The forum upgrade would have happened to summer regardless, because the old version was no longer going to be supported and would be vulnerable to threats. With advance notice, we could have made the transition easier. Now Donna and I have to learn new things right along with the rest of you. It's definitely a team effort!

Anywat, the emoticons are right there in the new post toolbar as always (maybe in a slightly different location), at least when I use my laptop and iPad. If you're by any chance using a different sort of mobile device and can't see them, can you please let us know which device and app you're using to access the forum? We'll see what we can do to help.

YTD scores for May 2017:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +251

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +76

Bronze Medal Winner: PBNKNP +44

howieann +42

Ellie 13 +41

greyhoundgrandma +34

Shoot the Moon Winner for May: MalissaMeesa -386

I am going to be posting scores THREE WEEKS IN A ROW! I am insanely lucky! I work at a Joann's and a customer came in today and told me she wanted to give me a bunch of yarn, she no longer can use!

oh i have never been thankful for a migraine before! i had to call off today because of a mirgraine and there for my score this week will be saved!

i finished a ball last night on a baby blanket +1 so far

My Step-Daughter sent us an ultrasound of her baby.  He's adorable, but...OMG, I HAVE to get moving on his sweater!!!  She's about 7 months along.  I'm going to go for a 3-month sweater, as I figure it will be cold enough for sweaters by then (she's due in early August).  So, I had to race out the the LYS to get yarn:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6  YTD +38

:D

PBLKNP that's a fantastic reason to go negative though!! Congratulations!!!

This week I started the Tides of Change mandala pattern, but realized there are large gaps in it, so I won't want to use it as a blanket. So I stopped, but my oldest took it for a decoration for her dresser so it's not wasted lol. I used 5 balls on that before I stopped (+5). I also made a handful of preemie hats and used another ball on that (+1). I've started doing the Mandala Madness CAL which uses 14 colors, and I'm loving it, but I haven't finished any skeins yet so no change to my score.

WTD: +6

YTD: +257

I'm still laid up with my back issues, but I had my physical therapy evaluation this week and I'm scheduled for 2 sessions a week for at least the next three weeks, so hopefully that will help and I won't be hurting so much anymore. I just want to be able to go through my daily routine without hurting!

Gold Medal:  Inkked0317 +6

Silver Medal: GreyhoundGrandma +4

Bronze Medal: LadyChris2010 and MalisaMeesa +3

holding steady: Pineknott at 0

and Shoot the moon Winner: PBLKNP with -6!!!!

Archived