2017 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I was blue this morning because we're down to being a one-dog household again. Had today off for a doctor's appointment that got cancelled, so was just hanging at home. Mentioned to the eldest that today was the last day of the tent sale...and she encouraged me to indulge in some retail therapy...loaded up the eldest and the two little ones and hit the tent sale. As expected, there were limited options, but I did see some yarn I liked. AND because it was the final day of the sale, they changed the standard buy 3 get 1 free to buy 2 get 1 free...wound up bringing home 54 skeins in total  :blink I paid just over $62 including tax and the retail prices would have totaled over $260 before tax. 

so.....I have new yarn. Got a great deal. Got a lock on the Shoot the Moon for this week  :P I have been using some stuff up this week, but definitely not enough to balance out this purchase  :lol

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we made a trip across the river to a JoAnn's and AC Moore and ta da came home with NO yarn,it was tempting RH 4/10.00 at AC  Moore,but no colors I was in need of,was looking for plain blue,they had every other blue,and no camo yarn at all.

Don't worry...I haven't forgotten! I'm going to post the scores sometime before 11:00 tomorrow morning, as I have to leave then for an event. For me this week, it was a big goose-eggs. I was hoping to make a dent in a skein doing the mystery crochet-along, but no dice!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

This is my yarn tale for the week...I used up 1 ball on a blanket border, and 8 balls on a scrap blanket that I'm just going to keep adding to as I have partial skeins to use up (+9). Then I went to the tent sale and bought 48 skeins (I thought I had 6 skein packs, but they were only 5 skein packs) (-96). When I tried to add the new yarn to my stash, I realized I literally had no room for it. So, I pulled out yarn to surprise my mom and two friends with! 24 skeins and a ball for mom, 12 skeins for each of my friends, for a total of 48 skeins, 1 ball (+97). Then I made a baby blanket and used a full skein on that (+2). So, overall I canceled out my purchase with the yarn that I took out of the house! :lol 

WTD: +12

YTD: +197

I redid my stash inventory, and counted up the skeins I've got...I've got just over 200 skeins!  :2eek My aim for the rest of the year is to use as much from my stash as humanly possible! I've already got the yarn for the next 3 baby sets pulled and ready to work with!

Gold Medal Winner!   Inkked0317  +12

Silver Medal Winner!   Ellie 13  +6  

Bronze Medal Winner!   howieann  +4 

Using up that stash!

pineknott  +2

Holding steady!

PBELKNAP   0

...and last, but not least...SHOOT THE MOON!!!   MalisaMeesa  -10

I'm already in the pluses for this week! i had a friend come raid my yarn stash for some browns and yellows and whites! and she went home with 4 skeins and a ball! +9 and it's only tuesday!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay Crochetville is back!!! I missed seeing everyone's posts!!

So how are we doing the scores for last week? Are we just adding last week's score to this week's score?

Hi everyone!! Over the past 2 weeks, i've made 3 baby blankets, 4 stuffed animals, 8 squares for an exchange group I'm in, and 3 scarf & hat sets for Operation Gratitude. I used up 11 skeins (+22) and 13 balls (+13)!

WTD: +35

YTD: +232

Now...can anyone tell me how to edit my signature info with this new set up? I can't figure it out lol

well my only saving grace this week is that we are combining weeks! I had +9 before the forum went down, but then i bought 7 skeins of yarn at Joann's today so that's

-14 for a net loss of

WTD -5

Score for the two weeks ending on 5/20/17:

gold medal winner: Inkked0317 +35

silver medal winner: greyhoundgrandma +4

bronze medal winner tie: howieann & pineknott +2

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: MalisaMeesa -5

Archived