To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see the photos of the hotel I stayed in Edessa, Greece, here:

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/159046-crocheters-heaven-hotel/

I call this place Crocheter's Heaven   :manyheart

Oh, my - What a  beautiful, peaceful place to stay!!!! My Lithuanian grandmother left behind some thread work - but not anything as delicate looking as these pieces!

:faint And now a short story about twin mice....  :rofl

I planned to finish those ballerina mice during my trip to Greece, as we had some time on the bus. BUT I forgot to take the stuffing, so I couldn't make legs or arms... Yesterday I spent an evening - until 2 a.m. - finishing the first mouse. I also had some parts for mouse boy ready - I had to take his legs and a head, and re-do his arms. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish mice. Today I spent 3 hours in the morning working on the second one... When I left for work, one mouse still didn't have ears. When I came home, I had only one hour left before birthday party... I was speeding like never ever before  :lol Finally my daughter was standing in front of me, all dressed and ready to leave, waiting for me to finish sewing the ears. And I DID IT!  :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

Here they are:

attachicon.giftwin mice.jpg

Oh, my....sounds like the craziness leading up to my wedding: mom made my wedding gown but on the morning of my 11 AM wedding the trimming that needed to be done around the lace appliqués on the train was still not finished! Mom farmed it out to our landlord who lived downstairs and was - luckily - skilled with a needle and thread.

:clap  :clap Good for you!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are back!!!!!   Wow, did this past week feel like withdrawal or what?!

My gift granny ghan is being assembled...

Did everyone else get more hook time?

I finished an afghan that was made for a friend and a couple of pillows to go with it.

Sweet Dreams  Here it is.

So glad we are back.  Could not get moving on crocheting, now I should be ok.  Needed my Ville fix.

hi peeps!  great seeing everyone again! And  i agree ...it will take a while getting used to this new look.

Hey everyone.  It has been a while since I've been on here, but I've been busy crocheting.  I am going to try to get back into this forum.  Y'all motivate me!  

I made a scarf for my nephew's high school graduation gift in his college's colors (UT - TN, not TX), a few dishcloths that I gave to various family members (and kept a couple for me).  And, I finally finished both the front and back of the top I'm making for myself.  Today I start putting it together.

Looks like you have all been busy too.  My next projects include a crocheted topper that you put on a flip flop to create a boot or house shoe, a shawl (both for me) and a child size Afghan (my 1st afghan - I'm using one color and a simple stitch so hopefully it will be.a quick one) for our local Kids House and an afghan for a Christmas exchange - since it will be my first full size afghan I thinking I should start on it very early.  All the adults in the exchange graduated from UT so it should be a popular gift - we do a dirty Santa. 

6 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

Hey everyone.  It has been a while since I've been on here, but I've been busy crocheting.  I am going to try to get back into this forum.  Y'all motivate me!  

I made a scarf for my nephew's high school graduation gift in his college's colors (UT - TN, not TX), a few dishcloths that I gave to various family members (and kept a couple for me).  And, I finally finished both the front and back of the top I'm making for myself.  Today I start putting it together.

Looks like you have all been busy too.  My next projects include a crocheted topper that you put on a flip flop to create a boot or house shoe, a shawl (both for me) and a child size Afghan (my 1st afghan - I'm using one color and a simple stitch so hopefully it will be.a quick one) for our local Kids House and an afghan for a Christmas exchange - since it will be my first full size afghan I thinking I should start on it very early.  All the adults in the exchange graduated from UT so it should be a popular gift - we do a dirty Santa. 

Welcome back! The entire forum was off line for about a week, so we're al getting back to a routine here.

It sounds like you have more than enough projects to keep you busy!

Good Morning,

Beautiful day here and I hope to get back to my Beach tote that I am making.  I am having a heck of a time with the handle.  Don't know if the Ville being down drained my Crochet section, or I am getting to old to do complicated (I think) patterns, or the pattern is written wrong.  I put it down to work on something for a friend.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi peeps!

MJ - thank you for the video - it was beautiful and a great way to quiet my busy spirit this morning.

I'm halfway through getting the foundation sc border for the baby ghan completed so I can make the deep, lacy and girly border I have in mind for it.

Have a super day!

Thanks for letting me know about the video.  That is not suppose to show up.  It is there, but you should have to click on it to see it.  For some reason it is now in my signature.

Glad you liked it, now I have to Contact Amy or Donna to see what the next step is.

Good to have the forum back :)

I made another ballerina mouse for my daughter's friend (lots of kindergarten birthdays in May :) )

592074dd315f1_purplemouse.jpg.9bee7f46637cdafc7e42ecb024587822.jpg

And I also found a pattern for this owl and made one for my cousin's wife. She's a teacher, too. In Poland we celebrate a name day - all the occasions for celebrating are good! So I have a gift for her. Yesterday I visited porcelain factory and found that cute mug too - the owl is made of coffee grains so I hope it will make a nice addition to the crochet wise owl.

The pattern is by Repeat Crafter Me.

592075a2e1090_graduationowl2.jpg.4e94742d39b151b8990a8c4bd2eb7127.jpg

Apak- Those Mice are great I really like those super cute for kids.....

Mary Jo--I lost my mojo as well....maybe it was the not being able to chat and share?

The summer heat is already getting here in the Phx starting into the 100*F and I am already getting more tired during the early evenings from being out in this at work....I did however last week hit the EYE DR for new glasses can't wait for them to get here as the included new sunglasses :O) HIPPIE!!!!

I however have a few things on the hook right now...

A ripple I have to finish-@ home project getting to big for work

Another Adult  Halter top- working on at work

Project that started off as a joke (just messing around)  I am making for myself that got carried away into being heavily modified LOL that I am working on at home

Hi peeps!

Yes, chatting and sharing help enable we crocheters a lot!!

My ghan is close to being ready to share.....

Anna, LOVE the ballerina and owl - and the coffee mug...what a hoot! (pun intended!)

MJ - I see your video went back to a link on your sign line. I'm glad it was open though - I don't remember ever clicking on it! 

Happy hooking!

I love the scorpion, that is so cute.

I am making Baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  I found the pattern on line.  So you can say I got way laid again.

I have to go in and find the yarn for the tote.  This may be my last one, as I do not see anyone else to make them for.  It is also harder to see who is on and who isn't. 

Oh well, we shall see.

Have a fun day today.  Hugs all around.:hug:ghug

MJ, it's so easy to get distracted by cute patterns!!  If I didn't have a couple of gifts to make I'd be playing with multiple wips!

Hi peeps!

The colors are softer looking in person and it will drape better when I wash it, but here is the baby gift I made at a friend's request. The original border I made was simple and white. I did not like it at all, so I cut it off. Yup, CUT, not frogged! I love the ruffle look on this one. A friend in the Our House CAL suggested the color sequence - and Cindy was right on!

IMG_20170523_135650531_HDR.jpg

Trying to decide what to start next.

I NEED to make another name doily. Also need to make some small doilies for Christmas gifts.

I WANT to make some things for my guest bedrooms and a shawl for myself.

I SHOULD make another lapghan and use up some yarn leftover from the previous 2.  

Decisions...decisions

Judianne, I love the afghan.  It does look soft.

I got nothing done yesterday, infact, I am not even sure what day it is. 

Had an awful sinus headache yesterday and took some medicine and slept most of the day and all night.  I am in better shape today and hope to get back to my crocheting.

I got most of the new tote done and hope to finish that up today.

Have a great day.

Pretty blanket, Judy, nice colors.

I've been working on a filet train baby blanket--making pretty good progress this week.

Ugh, hate those sinus headaches. We've had such weather changes, bad for sinus and allergies.

Archived