To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Happy day after Christmas, crafty people! There are so many holidays in one month, not mention the other "life" occasions that crop up in December and throughout the year, that we're hoping to be able to encourage you all to stay on track and (somewhat) organized. 

Anyone can pop in here and post - or not. This is just a little corner of the world where we can all take a breath, get a pat on the back or an encouraging hug (only wishing it could be in Real Life) and go forward.

So....pop in to say hi, ask for suggestions, or just talk about whatever is on your mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for having this thread again. Last year's helped me set goals and the list helped me focus on what I needed to be doing. I didn't get it all done but did pretty well. And it was fun seeing what everyone else was doing.

I'll have to give some thought to 2017's list.

Good to see everyone!

Cindy, Maybe something quick and easy for the glans? I know you can be super busy at times.

I was looking at my Annie's Attic Christmas magazine and saw other things I want to make, so I might actually make a list! I also want to use stash yarn and make baskets, totes, things like that.

I'm here as well. I too hope to do better and not wait till last second to get things completed... LOL The beginning of my list I will add to it as I think of people or things to make.

List of People and items to make

Mom ( Butterfly tote, Tinkerbell pillow (birthday and Christmas)

Dad

Mr Tribble (steelers tissue box cover)

Little Tribble (chica, bonnie, Freddie, mangle)

friend -Polly

friend -Jen

friend -Kim

friend - Darren (seahawks tissue box cover, seahawks afghan)

8 Registration girls

I split time between here and Boxing Day CAL last year. I got inspired to make afghans for niece's 4 kids late in the year. I want to get an afghan done in advance for high school graduation. If I start now I can have time to get it done with low pressure for 2018.

Because I failed with number 1 on my last year list, I definitely want to work on it. It is  a set of figures for my Nativity. ILast year I made the Holy family and an angel and I hoped to make the shepherds, animals and kings during the year. Well, I didn't succeed. 

But as you may know, two days ago the DONKEY was born and it looks like Christmas Day brought more births, because yesterday one SHEEP appeared too  :cheer

So I start my 2017 list with Nativity figures again. And I want to make another set for my nieces.

I'll think about the other gifts too.

And here they are: the donkey and the sheep. I don't know if the sheep is too big or the donkey too small, but they are almost the same height :))) Probably the sheep ate too much :)

post-30828-0-15227000-1482835973_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-44908400-1482836011_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-15597100-1482836043_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-11603800-1482836070_thumb.jpg

Here is my list for 2017

Brother and SIL: Name doily (done)

Sister and BIL : Name doily (done)

Neice: doily for dresser (done)

Other neice: doily for dresser (done)

Nephew: Ice cream pint cozy. (done)

Nephew 2: Nautical Flag Pillow (done)

Nephew 3: bedside pocket caddy (done)

Godson: bedside pocket (done)

Godson's brother : bedside pocket (done)

Coworkers: crochet woven danish hearts (1 done)

Friends: angel ( done )  /  luggage tags (done)

For my guest room: lamp inserts (one done)/ bed scarves

Making Progress! 

Good Morning.  I am going to start out slow this year.

First almost done is the new tote. 

2. Angel afghan for American legion.

3. Dragon afghan for American legion

Inbetween or if things drive me nuts.  Stockings for Military, dresses for Bailey4's charity and dolls for Peggy85225 for kids with cancer.

That is my list so far.

Alrighty..... January:

No birthdays or holidays

at least 2-4 hats for the homeless ministry ( 1 hat done)

an afghan for Memory Care unit

baby ghan for charity

Bailey has inspired me, after having the pattern for the last a billion years I am going to go the nativity.... I'll start with Mary and Joesph

1 cross stitch pattern I need to finish

a cal I have joined at Attic24

finish 1 WIP

Ok!  I'm going to try this--we'll see if I can stay with it...

First on the list, a blue baby afghan for my friend's great grandson -- half done.

Baby afghan for our great-niece's baby, due in August.  (We don't know yet whether the ghan will be blue or pink!)

Throughout the year, I'll be making lap sized afghans for Veterans' hospitals.  Likewise, prayer shawls for our local Hospice.  And I'd like to start making lapghans for our Senior Center people. (I'd LIKE to be able to make one per month, but we'll have to see if that is too ambitious!! :P )

Now, if you'll excuse me, my hook is waiting!!!       

And here they are: the donkey and the sheep. I don't know if the sheep is too big or the donkey too small, but they are almost the same height :))) Probably the sheep ate too much :)

attachicon.gif20161226_122619-1.jpgattachicon.gif20161226_122627-1.jpgattachicon.gif20161226_215842-1.jpgattachicon.gif20161226_215808-1.jpg

I love, love, LOVE the sheep and the donkey!!

Welcome, ladies!!  I love the excitement...it will be good to carry us through the January doldrums!

Because I failed with number 1 on my last year list, I definitely want to work on it. It is  a set of figures for my Nativity. ILast year I made the Holy family and an angel and I hoped to make the shepherds, animals and kings during the year. Well, I didn't succeed. 

But as you may know, two days ago the DONKEY was born and it looks like Christmas Day brought more births, because yesterday one SHEEP appeared too  :cheer  Aw....congratulations!

So I start my 2017 list with Nativity figures again. And I want to make another set for my nieces.

I'll think about the other gifts too.

WTG!

attachicon.gif20161226_122619-1.jpgattachicon.gif20161226_122627-1.jpgattachicon.gif20161226_215842-1.jpgattachicon.gif20161226_215808-1.jpg

Too cute!!!

Ok!  I'm going to try this--we'll see if I can stay with it...

First on the list, a blue baby afghan for my friend's great grandson -- half done.

Baby afghan for our great-niece's baby, due in August.  (We don't know yet whether the ghan will be blue or pink!)

Throughout the year, I'll be making lap sized afghans for Veterans' hospitals.  Likewise, prayer shawls for our local Hospice.  And I'd like to start making lapghans for our Senior Center people. (I'd LIKE to be able to make one per month, but we'll have to see if that is too ambitious!! :P )

Now, if you'll excuse me, my hook is waiting!!!       

Your charity list sounds a lot like the one I tried to stick with this year - until gifts were needed!

I'm going to try and have small things to work on in between bigger stuff - I get bored way too easily!

Here's my list for 2017:

Baskets for 2 friends that asked for them after seeing ones I had made
GD #1: mermaid tail blanket and matching doll outfil (July birthday)
GD #2: mermaid tail blanket and matching doll outfit (July birthday)
DIL#2: mermaid tail blanket (Christmas)
DS & DIL #1: earth tone placemats 6 done
Me: retro ornament blanket--done except for the fringe
DIL #1: retro ornament blanket or another pattern (Christmas)
Baskets for 4 friends (Carole, Becky, Susan, Angie) (Christmas) pushed up to next year
Afghan for best friend-(Christmas) finished
Scarves for Christmas-- 4 done (RH reflective yarn: John, JohnG, Boo, Cindy)
4 done (LB mohair: Elizabeth, Savannah, Holli, Cassidy)
Temperature blanket for GD #2

The more I think about it, the longer the list gets! And of course, there are always some WIP that are languishing in bags waiting for me to get back to them.

Oh wow that is a lot of afghans.

I hope to start the angel one for the American Legion as the tote is done.  I was going to make it C2C, but I am to new at that kind of afghan.

Well, off to get my stuff together for my afghan and have a great day everyone.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived