To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Oh Anna so sorry to hear about your cousin's son.  It is so hard when it is the little ones.  That is why I make dolls and monsters (this year) for the Children's Cancer Hospital.  Maybe I can at least make them smile a little.

Well, I have one doll done and another almost done.  I hope to start on an afghan for a friend next.  I also have about 1/2 the princess afghan done.  So I am moving along this year.

I want to take the time to Thank everyone here for making the projects fun and thank you for being my friend.

MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ALL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi peeps!

Anna, it's so hard to hear of a little guy having cancer:hug:heart

On 12/22/2017 at 6:32 AM, ratdog said:

Judy, your thread is working too well this year! Thanks!!!

Not only have I finished 2017 gifts, yesterday I started my first gift for Christmas 2018. 

That is awesome to hear!

On 12/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, Tampa Doll said:

This years list went out the window, but I have started my dolls and such for next year.  In fact, I have finished one doll.  I will post a picture as soon as it is taken.Super!

Jessie, I love the toys and afghan.

Well off to start another project for next year.

Can't wait to see what that one is!

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh Anna so sorry to hear about your cousin's son.  It is so hard when it is the little ones.  That is why I make dolls and monsters (this year) for the Children's Cancer Hospital.  Maybe I can at least make them smile a little.

Well, I have one doll done and another almost done.  I hope to start on an afghan for a friend next.  I also have about 1/2 the princess afghan done.  So I am moving along this year.Terrific start!

I want to take the time to Thank everyone here for making the projects fun and thank you for being my friend.Mary Jo, there are just some people in this world who are very easy to be friends with and you are definitely one of them!:hug

MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ALL

Some people are list makers, others aren't - no rules for the 2018 thread. I'm nothing if not casual in my approach to most things:lol

:sheepxmas

Water Bottle Carriers

Dropped off these water bottle carriers today with the rest of my niece's kids presents and they were a big hit.  Perhaps biggest with Mom and Dad who can have kids carry their own bottles when they go to park, beach, etc.  I have one more to give on Christmas Eve along with other pouf.  One bath pouf was given and was a big hit.  We'll see if she still likes after she's used it. 

finally got pictures of the doll I have been working on and I have another that is almost done.  Here she is:  Tampa Guy named her Merry Christmas Mary Jo

She will be going out to AZ later to the Cancer Hospital for Children. 

I may not get on tomorrow, except to do Birthday's so Merry Christmas to everyone.  Have a great and happy day full of Love, laughter and family.

Mary Jo  (1).JPG

Mary Jo, I really love that doll - especially her braids! It'll be a hit!

Daily - the water bottle carriers were a great idea. WTG!

Just want to say that I just read through the last ten or twelve pages of this thread, and I am amazed at all the beautiful gifts everyone has made. My own plans were derailed by my 2 minute attention span.  I started all sorts of things, planned many more and finished two.  But now I am inspired to do better with follow through next year!

Super Cute Doll Mary Jo.....

I had caught the Flu the wed before  Xmas so I am just getting around to posting my last bit of Xmas Stuff that I made man this Flu stuff was a royal pain here in Phoenix Lots of people are very sick (my parents & me)...

For My Mom I made Lots of various size Hot Pads (10) & Wash clothes (10-12) using scrap cotton..Here is a small sample nothing major...

20171225_Pink_Blue_White Large Hot Pad.jpg

20171225_Multicolor Hot Pad Small.jpg

20171225_Purple Wash Cloth.jpg

20171225_Pink Large Hot Pad Back Side.jpg

20171225_Gold_Blue_White Small Hot Pad Back Side 2.jpg

20171225_Shades & White Wash Cloth.jpg

20171225_Orange and White Wash Cloth.jpg

20171225_Pink_Blue_White Large Hot Pad Back Side 2.jpg

I've been working on hotpads the past day myself! Hubs asked me if I can make some, because his favorite ones are ones I made about 10 years ago, and there's only 2 of them so he's always searching for them...part of my big yarn haul this week (yay Christmas money!!) was cotton yarn specifically for this. 

I should be finishing up the last of the stitch count for the baby Hogwarts blanket tomorrow. I started setting up bobbins tonight. I plan to begin working on it on Monday!!

Happy New Year everyone and I hope you all have a very blessed 2018!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I love all the beautiful gifts on the thread!! Well done! It's never quite what we think it will be but it's always lovely. I made a cute baby blanket for my new nephew..pic to come later. I forgot to take a picture!!

my big project of the year has been in my Grandma's memory. My dad and his 10 siblings miss her quite a lot. She's been gone 1.5 years but I thought I would send them something to know I was thinking about them. We found some beautiful larger Christmas cards to send these in and I hope they will be loved. It took me a while to make all these and they are all different, except one pattern I did twice because I liked it so well. Her favorite color was blue.

IMG_1132.JPG

The crosses are beautiful. I'm working on some doll donation projects. I need some solid white to get started on the Valentine lovey, for my cousin's little girl. I found a free bunny pattern that I'm hoping will do the trick.

Beautiful work!!! And yes, it's always a boost when our DH's compliment our work!

Don't forget - I set up the new thread for 2018!

Charis, the crosses are truly beautiful!  I especially like the one on the bottom left!  Do you have the pattern for that one?  Or the name of the book it came from?

Mona, the shawl is breathtaking!  What color was the yarn?

OK everybody - so no one gets lost, we'll start to post only on the 2018 thread.

If I still get lost I'll ask Donna to close it for us....lol!

Happy 2018!

Archived