To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Hi everyone!

I finished the Lego blanket I was working on! I'll be taking pictures tomorrow sometime, so I'll post those later. Now my only remaining project on this year's to-do list is a mermaid doll for my youngest!

I've already started making my project list for next year! Between a new baby niece on her way, to the handful of families at church I haven't made gifts for yet, to fandom CAL patterns just cause I want to make them, and then the holiday themed stuff I plan on making throughout the year...yeah I'm going to have a list to keep me busy all year I'm sure!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are cute and love the dragon lovey.

I am now sitting back and taking a deep breath.

Started a pattern for a doll and after I had it almost done, when I realized it was written in UK language.  So instead of sc, I was using dc.  No wonder the thing was enormous.

Well off to make breakfast, have a great day.

Oh good Lord that has to be frustrating.  Sadly, I did that once and I ended up typing out the pattern in American terms because no matter how many times I reminded myself I'd set it down and have problems as the pattern switched between stitches and my brain couldn't keep up.

Today I posted about the Halloween dishclothes I made.  Dishclothes seem to be my go to project when I hit a block with crochet.  Sometimes they are just simple patterns.  During the spring and summer I made some scrubbies and variety of ones ones for my new SIL for her shower.  Towards the fall I got into the holidays and started making some holiday themed ones.

Halloween Dishclothes

On 12/16/2017 at 10:58 AM, Bailey4 said:

My cousin is about to become a grandmother to twins any day now.  Since her other two grandkids are both teens you can understand the excitement of two new babies.  The shower was last month and my Mom and I were the only ones in a very large crowd who made stuff which surprised me.  I got this pattern a while back as a wishlist grant and I've been waiting for the right time to make one.  This time I needed two.  I was so glad I'd made something as everyone seem to have bought the very same store bought lovey.  She was thrilled with the dragons.

Dragon Loveys

That is sooooo cute!! 

On 12/17/2017 at 0:38 PM, Bailey4 said:

Along with the Loveys each twin got their own unique blanket.  I was surprised that outside of my Mom and myself there was no home made stuff of any kind.  The last one I was at their were fleece sewn receiving blankets, etc. 

Twin Blankets

Wonderful colors - and no arguments as they get older as to which blanket belongs to which twin!

6 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

They are cute and love the dragon lovey.

I am now sitting back and taking a deep breath.

Started a pattern for a doll and after I had it almost done, when I realized it was written in UK language.  So instead of sc, I was using dc.  No wonder the thing was enormous. Oh, no! Did you make it with WW or cotton? I'm really wondering how big it ended up!

Well off to make breakfast, have a great day.

5 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Oh good Lord that has to be frustrating.  Sadly, I did that once and I ended up typing out the pattern in American terms because no matter how many times I reminded myself I'd set it down and have problems as the pattern switched between stitches and my brain couldn't keep up.

Today I posted about the Halloween dishclothes I made.  Dishclothes seem to be my go to project when I hit a block with crochet.  Sometimes they are just simple patterns.  During the spring and summer I made some scrubbies and variety of ones ones for my new SIL for her shower.  Towards the fall I got into the holidays and started making some holiday themed ones.

Halloween Dishclothes

They look like  such fun!

I used most of two medium gray Caron Pounders. I love how that yarn works so well fro this pattern. Free on RH site. Textured blanket (or afghan) it's called. This is the third or fourth time I've made it.

IMG_20171216_150502350_HDR.jpg

Love the afghan Judy.

The doll was ripped out twice once it was made with ww and that was HUGE.  Then I took it down to sport with a F hook and it was still big, till I realized it was UK language, not US. 

It is looking better now.  The book is called Edward's Crochet Doll Emporium.  It is a flip book, for different hair and outfits.  There is a monster one I will be getting from a friend also.  Once you figure it out, it is lots of fun.

6 hours ago, judianne said:

I used most of two medium gray Caron Pounders. I love how that yarn works so well fro this pattern. Free on RH site. Textured blanket (or afghan) it's called. This is the third or fourth time I've made it.

IMG_20171216_150502350_HDR.jpg

Love the look of this.  I love pounders for afghans.  My experience with the nephews and nieces is it washes well which leads to long use.  This is beautiful.

I'm glad to finally be posting about current season projects.  As I mentioned before I've been trying to send out small holiday themed packages to a relative with a new little girl.  At a minimum each package has had a holiday themed lovey.  I thought Christmas would be easy, but I was surprised that I just couldn't easily find what I wanted and had to use be creative with a non-holiday pattern to create my own.

Santa Bear Lovey

This years list went out the window, but I have started my dolls and such for next year.  In fact, I have finished one doll.  I will post a picture as soon as it is taken.

Jessie, I love the toys and afghan.

Well off to start another project for next year.

Hi everybody. Well, I'm a bit tired of finishing presents... ;) I thought I was working all year long on them and suddenly I realized I needed to make some last minute gifts... my aunt and me made about 40 little octopi and owls for charity fair at school - we collected money for my cousin's son who is only 5 years old and suffers from cancer.

Anyway, the best gifts I made were definitely Advent calendars. My aunts told me they had many touchy moments when opening the surprise each day. And they started every morning thinking about what was to open that day :manyheart My daughter has already asked about the same calendar the next year. So I should start working on new ornaments soon...

Archived