To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the main part of DILs mermaid tail. Just got to do the decrease, the tail itself and weave in a gazillion ends. House almost ready. A few more gifts to wrap and a couple of things I want to get cooked and in the freezer. Oh. yeah, haven't gotten any cards ready yet.

If the baby doesn't get here before the due date--18th--I might make it. LOL

Mona, you sound like you're scrambling! It'll get done.

So, sounds like we need to start thinking about 2018 already?:lol

I'll set us up before the new year.  This has been fun - a small but sweet group:heart

Happy hooking....writing cards...baking....:cheer

23 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Yeah, it will. Or if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. LOL

Definitely ready for 2018 and a little quiet, down time.

I'm learning that "it's not the end of the world" if I don't finish something, too!

I've made gifts this year but been terrible about documenting them.  So I decided as a year end project to try to get not just pictures but as much information about what I did so if I decide to pursue these projects again I can remember what I did.

A cousin on DH's side had a baby girl this year and I started with Halloween in making little holiday packages.

Halloween Crochet Baby Gifts

Well, the year is almost up and I have tossed my Christmas list away and I will try to make a new one for next year.  I already have some projects on my list and I am working on one now.

It was fun seeing everyone's projects and gifts.

This was fun and I will try better next year.

List you are supposed to have a list??  Just kidding.  Honestly I just go with projects as they come up. I have a graduation afghan I'm working on based on a Christmas Afghan my niece saw I'd made for my great niece last year.  She said she wanted one to take to her dorm room.  I started it but stopped last year to finish other projects and it has to be done by late May to be sure I'll have it wrapped when her high school graduation rolls around.

I've enjoyed the baby holiday packages for DHs cousin so I'm thinking of trying to keep up those which would make the next one Valentine's Day.  I'm going to have to find a Lovey pattern for that.  I have one for Easter and saw one I liked I can purchase for St. Patrick's Day. 

As for the rest it will be what it will be.  I never thought I need 3 baby blankets this year those were quite the surprise.

5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Ooh those are cute gloves! I might have to try them.

It's a pretty easy pattern - almost too simple for me, since I always try and complicate things! I gave them o two friends last year - super pretty look.

5 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I've made gifts this year but been terrible about documenting them.  So I decided as a year end project to try to get not just pictures but as much information about what I did so if I decide to pursue these projects again I can remember what I did.That's always been my problem!

A cousin on DH's side had a baby girl this year and I started with Halloween in making little holiday packages.Awwww

Halloween Crochet Baby Gifts

Those are ADORABLE patterns! Thanks so much for the link.

Good Morning,

First I want to wish Judianne a Very Happy Birthday.

I have had fun this year watching you all go thru your list and make all the fun gifts you all made.

I can't wait to start a new one, infact, I have started working on one already.  Now the fun will be to see if I can get it done.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Happy birthday, Judianne!

I really haven't started thinking about next year's list but I know a couple of things that will be on it. I didn't finish this year's list but did pretty well with it. If new things didn't crop up during the year maybe it would be finished. LOL

Happy Birthday Judianne!!

I experimented with Bath Poufs.

After I made them I read a wide range of opinions on using cotton for them, but it was a fun new project and I can't stand the plastic ones.  I find them too rough on my skin.  I haven't made one for myself yet, but I'll get feed back from the nieces to see what they think and go from there.

Already thinking of next year. I bought some cotton on sale for dish drying mats. Thinking of a kitchen set... drying mat, nylon scrubbies, grocery bag holder  and possibly a clean/dirty hanger for the dishwasher.

I also might try some embroidery.

22 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Happy Birthday Judianne!!

I experimented with Bath Poufs.

After I made them I read a wide range of opinions on using cotton for them, but it was a fun new project and I can't stand the plastic ones.  I find them too rough on my skin.  I haven't made one for myself yet, but I'll get feed back from the nieces to see what they think and go from there.

I made one like that years ago - hard to dry in between uses, but it was so much nicer that the plastic junk out there!

21 hours ago, ratdog said:

Already thinking of next year. I bought some cotton on sale for dish drying mats. Thinking of a kitchen set... drying mat, nylon scrubbies, grocery bag holder  and possibly a clean/dirty hanger for the dishwasher.

I also might try some embroidery.

I have a dish drying mat and I used two strands to make it.  I have had it for years - wonderful and super practical! 

IMG_20171215_135416817.jpg

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

I got a Christmas surprise yesterday, too! Thank you so much, Mary Jo! The angel is beautiful, as is the card - which echoes the view outside my window this morning.:lol

My cousin is about to become a grandmother to twins any day now.  Since her other two grandkids are both teens you can understand the excitement of two new babies.  The shower was last month and my Mom and I were the only ones in a very large crowd who made stuff which surprised me.  I got this pattern a while back as a wishlist grant and I've been waiting for the right time to make one.  This time I needed two.  I was so glad I'd made something as everyone seem to have bought the very same store bought lovey.  She was thrilled with the dragons.

Dragon Loveys

Archived