To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Apak said:

Some more miniatures to my Advent calendar. Little grumpy teddies with their crocheted scarves and lately discovered species: winter octopus :D5a1dc7e1410fa_teddies1.jpg.c28ee905fb58165ac4aee53bbc9206fc.jpgoctopi.jpg.20a862542a2f8b2b30eb383e7feb9007.jpg

Awwwww......

I got my yarn pack from across the pond today - I was so excited when DH brought in the mail!! It's so soft - and was delivered in that nice bag. :heart In January the CAL starts with Lucy on Attic24.

24173028_10213341185098546_7836140134933071401_o.jpg

I just ordered yarn for that cal last week. I saw your post and looked at it. Actually I'm just now working on the moorland blanket. I was pleased that even with shipping the yarn was reasonably priced. I always love her colors.

The wool warehouse--attic24 has a link that takes you directly there to the yarn pack for the cal. It's a UK company but it didn't take long to get it.

We've got our tree up--artificial this year--and the decoration boxes down, but nothing out yet. I'm headed to a knitting retreat this morning so decorating is next weeks main project.

I just finished this Snuggle this Muggle baby blanket for our newest niece/nephew...we'll be finding out gender this Sunday! This will be the baby's Christmas gift, given to my niece (the momma) who is a complete Potterhead lol.  Last night I started making the first of two mermaids for my little cousins (also Christmas gifts) and I managed to make the full body and most of the tail. I'll post a pic once it's done but I still have to do the fins on the tail, the shell top, and the hair...I've never done hair on a doll before so that should be interesting lol

24067827_2029811960635887_2867878340271535571_n.jpg

Love the blanket.  She will be over the moon when she sees it.

For those of you who know Lea (minwifeof4boys).  She got some good news the other day.

After 3 generations, there will finally be a baby girl in the family.  Her son Josh and his wife Jenn are having a little girl in April.  They are over the moon and so excited.  She will be grand #5.

Lea is having trouble getting on, but she wanted to say Hi.

Hi peeps!

On 11/30/2017 at 7:42 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I just ordered yarn for that cal last week. I saw your post and looked at it. Actually I'm just now working on the moorland blanket. I was pleased that even with shipping the yarn was reasonably priced. I always love her colors.

It was so cheap to ship it here and I got mine in maybe 10 days, give or take. 

On 11/30/2017 at 7:58 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Where did you order from?

Good Morning.  Off to decorate today, well actually I started the tree yesterday.  Also getting the hair done today, the grey is really showing thru. My silver hair is gone again. 5 weeks between hair color is a lot for me. One day I will rebel and cut it really short and go natural. One day....

Have fun.

On 11/30/2017 at 10:22 AM, Inkked0317 said:

I just finished this Snuggle this Muggle baby blanket for our newest niece/nephew...we'll be finding out gender this Sunday! This will be the baby's Christmas gift, given to my niece (the momma) who is a complete Potterhead lol.  Last night I started making the first of two mermaids for my little cousins (also Christmas gifts) and I managed to make the full body and most of the tail. I'll post a pic once it's done but I still have to do the fins on the tail, the shell top, and the hair...I've never done hair on a doll before so that should be interesting lol

24067827_2029811960635887_2867878340271535571_n.jpg

What a great job! She's going to LOVE it!

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the blanket.  She will be over the moon when she sees it.

For those of you who know Lea (minwifeof4boys).  She got some good news the other day.

After 3 generations, there will finally be a baby girl in the family.  Her son Josh and his wife Jenn are having a little girl in April.  They are over the moon and so excited.  She will be grand #5.

Lea is having trouble getting on, but she wanted to say Hi.

Say Hi back at her - and congrats to her and DS and DIL! Now Lea can really go to town with her hook!

My Advent calendars are at their new homes. My aunt here very surprised and happy. They loved the gifts. Can you imagine they were their firs Advent calendars ever??? I was so happy preparing all the tiny ornaments and even much happier seeing my aunts' joy.

That's what they got - a real fir tree and a sack with 24 little surprises inside. I also sew the tree's dress :)

5a2337b7ef4fa_final2.thumb.jpg.5b33be6d3aeca5d3f928361639674703.jpg5a2337b662c61_final1.thumb.jpg.f44b7de5255e796522a1ac53a3bcb456.jpg

Well, I didn't manage to pack all the ornaments for my kids, but I decided it is ok if they find a single small sack under the tree every day.

Anna those ornaments are beautiful!! I'm planning on making an advent calendar for use next year! Throughout the year I'm going to be working on various holiday decorations in an attempt to learn how to decorate lol...

This week I made a mermaid. It was intended to be the first of two made for my little cousins to be Christmas gifts. However, I have never made a doll before that had hair and I had no idea how heavy the doll's head would be once I attached the hair and now it looks like she's got a broken neck lol. Obviously I cannot give that as a gift, so I'm calling her my practice mermaid and gave her to my soon to be 4 yr old who loves her and thinks she's awesome. In the upcoming week I'll be making the two gift mermaids and using straws filled with toothpicks (2 per mermaid, attached together) to stabilize the neck. I don't have a picture right this moment, and the munchkin is sleeping with her so I'll have to post a pic later!

Anna, I love the Advent idea.  That is so cool and the ornaments are just to cute.  It is great and they get a surprise everyday.

I am working on a snowman Hope to get most of it done today.

Hi peeps!

We had nice weekend just "being". It was a time of nostalgia, celebrating our 50th Anniversary on the 2nd. I didn't do much hooking. Was just a great weekend.:heart

On 12/2/2017 at 6:32 PM, Apak said:

My Advent calendars are at their new homes. My aunt here very surprised and happy. They loved the gifts. Can you imagine they were their firs Advent calendars ever??? I was so happy preparing all the tiny ornaments and even much happier seeing my aunts' joy.

That's what they got - a real fir tree and a sack with 24 little surprises inside. I also sew the tree's dress :)

5a2337b7ef4fa_final2.thumb.jpg.5b33be6d3aeca5d3f928361639674703.jpg5a2337b662c61_final1.thumb.jpg.f44b7de5255e796522a1ac53a3bcb456.jpg

Well, I didn't manage to pack all the ornaments for my kids, but I decided it is ok if they find a single small sack under the tree every day.

Anna, that is an amazing gift! So super thoughtful and creative.:c9

10 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Just finished a snowman to send to a friend.  He is knitted and made with chunky yarn.  He is holding a cardinal.

SnowFlake Chunky (5).JPG

SnowFlake Chunky (6).JPG

Adorable!!!!!!  Your work never ceases to amaze me!

Hi everyone!! I managed to make the two gift mermaids this week, and start on the last gift for one of the kids at church I wanted to get done this year. I've already made a Timothy the T Rex for his little brother, and a Hello Kitty for his little sister, and now I'm making him a Lego blanket. He's 11 so he's not too much into stuffed animals lol. Of the 90 Lego pieces I need to make, I've got somewhere around 70 done, so I'm hoping that this next week will see me adding a black edge to each piece and joining everything together. I'm aiming to be able to give this family the items I made for them before Christmas! 

Archived