To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow that is just beautiful.  I love the color.

Well, here is what I have been working on.

Little brave and of course my give aways.  Now I am working on the next tote and I will need help in finding someone who does not have one and would like one.  If you know anyone, let me know.  GIF

Christmas Angel Pins  (9).JPG

Mary Jo, the angels are SO cute!!!  How many rows around do you make them?  I'm thinking of making them for Christmas for quite a few friends and family!  Also--what size hook and plastic ring?  Thanks!

Here is the free pattern on Ravelry It is called Robbie's Angel.  I have made it several times.  They use a size 7 hook and size 10 thread.  They are really easy to make.  You can also make them with granny squares also.  It is 4 rows. They use a 3/4" to 1" plastic ring.

20 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Here is the free pattern on Ravelry It is called Robbie's Angel.  I have made it several times.  They use a size 7 hook and size 10 thread.  They are really easy to make.  You can also make them with granny squares also.  It is 4 rows. They use a 3/4" to 1" plastic ring.

Thanks bunches for sending the pattern, Mary Jo!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.

May your day be filled with love, laughter and lots of food.

Just remember NO POLITICS at the table.:rofl

I hope everyone is ready for today.

Now off to breakfast and a day of FOOTBALL.

happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Poland, but all the shops promote "Black Friday sales"..... where's the logic? :D

Hi peeps!

I hope everyone had a nice day with family or friends yesterday. Now the rush to Christmas begins! We went through our Christmas decorations and brought a bunch of the nice ones we haven't used in years over to Goodwill. It felt good to declutter as well as pass on things to others.

Have a great weekend, my friends.....and BTW: We NEVER go to any store on Black Friday - except the grocery store:lol

I agree totally! Although I broke my rule on not going to stores yesterday and ran to Lowe's to pick up an artificial tree I h ad ordered on line. We're finally making the switch after 38 years of real trees.

I'm going to a knitting/needlework retreat next weekend and will work on the last Christmas present for this year. But if I don't finish it, it'll just be late with no pressure.

Good Morning.  Our Thanksgiving was quite here.  Talked to family and had a nice rainy day.

Got the tote and the extra's done.  Now I hope to work on a couple of Christmas Gifts.  I know I will not get them done.

Oh Mona that retreat sounds like fun.

I always had two rules no shopping on Black Friday and no shopping on Christmas Eve.  But my Mom always had me in the stores on Christmas Eve, cause she forgot someone or something.

I need to go thru my old ornaments and give some away.  I have boxes of things. I never use anymore.

Have a fun day today.

My oldest informed me two years ago that putting up the tree was too much work and if he had his way he would put up his Charlie Brown tree and be done with it.

So thats what we did last year and will do again this year.

I, of course, will put up my little wall tree and decorate it myself.

One gift left to make. But I am procrastinating.

Hi peeps.

We love our simplified decorations! I've also started decluttering my books. The shelves badly need it! The recycling container is going to be full next week....lol. The books are so old I won't even try to donate them - and lots are old biographies and history books, which even the library won't accept! Anything and everything you want/need to know can be found instantly on our smartphones!

Working on a pale yellow throw for a friend...just because....

10 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi all!! I'm really late to the party here...is it too late to join in? I could wait for the 2018 thread if it is.....

You can join any time! Welcome!

I have finally started to put the Advent calendars together. I think I have all the items ready, some just need finishing touches. And packing of course. I took some pictures.

One of the ornaments will be memory ornaments. I think I'm getting sentimental...

This one is special for me. The lady on the left, with a basket in her hand, is my beloved grandma, who taught me to crochet. This picture was taken over 60 years ago and when I found it some time ago I was surprised when I saw the basket. I remember it because when I was about 10 years old I found the basket in my aunt's cellar and I quarreled about it with my dad... I wanted it so much but he didn't want me to bring home such old stuff... Do I need to say I spent many happy hours at home playing with the basket? :D Then I didn't know it was my grandma's, I realized when I saw it in the picture. 

All the ornaments are here:

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/159833-memory-ornaments/

memo 2.jpg

Good Morning and Hi Jessie.  I joined in the middle of the year last year.

Love the ornaments Anna.

The tote is done, hope to get some pictures today.

I am now working on a tea cozy for a friend in England.  She is the only one I know who drinks tea from a pot.  It is knitted, but it looks like a Christmas pudding.

This book I have has all kinds of cozies.  A Santa, A Snowman, Christmas Pudding and finally a Reindeer.

Well off to see what the rest of the Ville has been doing.

Have a great day.

Christmas Pudding Tea Cozy002.jpg

Mary Jo, your tea cozy is absolutely adorable!

I sometimes use my pot too - but just for special occasions ;) But there are many cafes here that serve tea in a pot.

Thank you for the welcome! I've already made several gift items throughout the year, but right now I'm working on Christmas gifts. I'm currently about 80% done with a "Snuggle this Muggle" baby blanket for our newest expected niece or nephew. We'll be finding out next Sunday which gender we've got on board but I know my niece (the expectant momma) is a huge Harry Potter fan, so I know she'll love the baby blanket. I'll post pictures once I've got it done. After that, I've got a pair of mermaid dolls to make for my baby cousins and then my Christmas crafts will be done!

Hi, peeps!

On 11/25/2017 at 9:41 PM, Inkked0317 said:

Hi all!! I'm really late to the party here...is it too late to join in? I could wait for the 2018 thread if it is.....

Welcome, Jessie!

On 11/26/2017 at 8:38 AM, Apak said:

I have finally started to put the Advent calendars together. I think I have all the items ready, some just need finishing touches. And packing of course. I took some pictures.

One of the ornaments will be memory ornaments. I think I'm getting sentimental...

This one is special for me. The lady on the left, with a basket in her hand, is my beloved grandma, who taught me to crochet. This picture was taken over 60 years ago and when I found it some time ago I was surprised when I saw the basket. I remember it because when I was about 10 years old I found the basket in my aunt's cellar and I quarreled about it with my dad... I wanted it so much but he didn't want me to bring home such old stuff... Do I need to say I spent many happy hours at home playing with the basket? :D Then I didn't know it was my grandma's, I realized when I saw it in the picture. 

All the ornaments are here:

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/159833-memory-ornaments/

memo 2.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for the link, too. I love looking at black and white photos. I have a ton from the turn of the century (20th) with long dresses, hair in buns, all of that - but unfortunately not too many notations on who is who!

On 11/26/2017 at 8:51 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning and Hi Jessie.  I joined in the middle of the year last year.

Love the ornaments Anna.

The tote is done, hope to get some pictures today. Yay!

I am now working on a tea cozy for a friend in England.  She is the only one I know who drinks tea from a pot.  It is knitted, but it looks like a Christmas pudding.That is gorgeous! Nothing like  knitting to bring elegance to a project. I only use a teapot when a tea drinking friend comes over to join me in a cup. This time of year makes me reach for tea a lot. Normally I'm a coffee drinker.

This book I have has all kinds of cozies.  A Santa, A Snowman, Christmas Pudding and finally a Reindeer.All knitted, or a variety?

Well off to see what the rest of the Ville has been doing.

Have a great day.

Christmas Pudding Tea Cozy002.jpg

Beautiful:heart

12 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Thank you for the welcome! I've already made several gift items throughout the year, but right now I'm working on Christmas gifts. I'm currently about 80% done with a "Snuggle this Muggle" baby blanket for our newest expected niece or nephew. We'll be finding out next Sunday which gender we've got on board but I know my niece (the expectant momma) is a huge Harry Potter fan, so I know she'll love the baby blanket. I'll post pictures once I've got it done. After that, I've got a pair of mermaid dolls to make for my baby cousins and then my Christmas crafts will be done!

Awesome idea for a baby ghan! Can you share pictures? 

I'm making more squares today for the yellow ghan - and I found a pattern for  shamrock. If I can make a decent looking one, I want to attach it to the blanket for my half Irish friend.

Have a great day ladies!

Archived