To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the bull.  It looks great.  Fascinating on the wooden figures. Great idea.

Now you are also working on the calendars.  You are very ambitious.

Thank you :)

maybe I am over - ambitious or just have too many ideas at once. I thought if i make new figures for Nativity, I won't give them to my daughter now - I'll keep them for a calendar for her.

Today I made a snowman and work on an elf. I'm going to crochet ornaments as long as it is fun for me. I'll see how many calendars it will make.

Started a new scarf yesterday with a new pattern. Checked gauge first (for the 1st time) and had to go to a smaller hook than the one listed on the pattern. This is a beginner pattern with 167 chains (length of the scarf) then dc on row 1 and then alternate dc using front loop one row and back loop the next row. The last stitch on each row uses the top loop. Seems pretty easy and will give me practice with dc.

Not that it will really make a difference, but I'm assuming the front loop is the one nearest me and the back loop the is one furtherest from me on the top two loops?

. That's the way I understand it re front and back loop. If you're consistent, even if it's not technically correct, it'll still look good...The voice of experience here...Lol!

This is a small throw I made for DS's office. He's a chiro and sometimes the patients get chilly as they are resting on the table receiving passive treatments.

The color is Grey Heather RHSS.

I love grey. It's one of my favorite colors... I wear black and gray quite a bit. I don't wear a lot of color colors in clothes... :)

Very pretty afghan Judy.  Nice of you to think of the patients.

Well, I thought I would show you the graph I am using for the girl's afghan for the American Legion.  It is suppose to be c2c, but I am making it like a regular one.

attachicon.gifC2C graph (3).jpg

I am a little over the flowers at this point.  I have added 5 stitches each side and 5 rows on the top and bottom.

Have a good day everyone a big hugs all around. :hug  :ghug 

That is going to be gorgeous when complete!!

Here is my bull for the Nativity. When my daughter saw it, she said: Mom, now make a cow too, please  :lol

attachicon.gifbull 1.jpg  attachicon.gifbull 2.jpg

Today I got the package of wooden figures I ordered so I can start shepherds' and kings' production  :clap

attachicon.gifwooden figures.jpg

And I started Advent calendar gifts. They are mini stockings. It looks like I started all 3 calendars at once…  :)

attachicon.gifmini socks.jpg

OH my goodness.. Adorable bull and mini stockings!

My purple throw....

Turned out gorgeous! Purple is such a stunning color

My list update

List of People and items to make

Mom ( Butterfly tote, Tinkerbell pillow (birthday and Christmas)

Dad

Mr Tribble (steelers tissue box cover)

Little Tribble (chica, bonnie, Freddie, mangle)

friend -Polly

friend -Jen

friend -Kim

friend - Darren (seahawks tissue box cover, seahawks afghan)

8 Registration girls

Good Morning.

I finally got some pictures of the afghan.  I am about 1/3 of the way done.

You can see the O and U on the right side for the word You and the A and N on the left for Angel.  You can also see all the bobbins.  This will be pretty when it is done.

post-105-0-27828800-1483719036_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-32405400-1483719053_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo, it will be beautiful! I wonder how do you work on it - do you sit at the table? How do you keep order of all those bobbins? That's a challenge!

MJ, the ghan looks terrific!!

Getting ready to start my Attic 24 CAL,  we are right in the heavy snow area so  I should have plenty of hooking time...

Sweet tea, donuts, yarn.... snuggie, fuzzy socks... I can always throw the cat across my feet if it gets really cold :socks:tea:flake:hook:cat

Good Morning.

I finally got some pictures of the afghan.  I am about 1/3 of the way done.

You can see the O and U on the right side for the word You and the A and N on the left for Angel.  You can also see all the bobbins.  This will be pretty when it is done.

attachicon.gifAngel Hugs000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifAngel Hugs002 (2).JPG

It's coming along lovely!!!!

I sit at my corner and work with it on my lap.  It is a challenge when I turn it to work back and when I get up to do something.  Keeps me on my toes.

I do my graphghans on my lap as well. But I attatch the bobbins to the blanket with those huge clothespins so they aren't all over the place. Where did you get your bobbins Mary Jo? I have been using cardboard pieces that I cut out. They don't hold up the best...

Getting ready to start my Attic 24 CAL,  we are right in the heavy snow area so  I should have plenty of hooking time...

Sweet tea, donuts, yarn.... snuggie, fuzzy socks... I can always throw the cat across my feet if it gets really cold :socks:tea:flake:hook:cat

Critters make the greatest feet warmers. LOL.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Cindy, I haven't started any gift items yet, either - haven't made a list, either! :P

Mary Jo, the graph ghan is looking awesome! I have my sitting room upstairs where I can lay out graphs and let the yarn roll where it wants :lol  I tried using different types of bobbins but found being that neat and organized was frustrating. You DON'T want to see what it looks like!

I've seen many C2C patterns I liked, but haven't wanted to learn the technique - how did you get the pattern to graph mode?

I love seeing so many great ideas popping up here! Keep at it, ladies!!

That CAL pattern is amazing - but I promised myself that this year any ghan projects will be mostly mindless crochet so I can concentrate on my TBR (to Be Read) pile of books! I'm in decluttering mode again, but can't get rid of books, at least until I've read them or totally decided I have no interest in them.And yes, I do have an e reader too.... :lol

Good Morning.  I hope everyone is doing ok with this weather.  We are getting rain, but I hear further North you are getting SNOW?  Be careful.

Judy as for the graph I got it from a person who loves to make graphs.  I found her on the c2c site on FB. 

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=starrlee%20simmons%20graph%20patterns 

Here is the c2c group. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/c2cgraphs/

These people are amazing with their graphs.

No working on the afghan today.  I have Christmas Decorations to take down and it will take me a couple of days to do that.

I have to go to the store also.

Well, wanted to drop in and say Hi everyone. Have a great day, be careful and lots of hugs around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Thanks so much, Mary Jo!

First flurries started her in NJ. Looks like south Jersey might get the worst but who knows - we don't trust any forecast. 

Yes Daphne, furbabies are great warmers!! Guess that is where the term " three dog night" came from...

The Attic 24 CAL ghan is amazingly simple yet the colors and pattern are beautiful! I am enjoying it... and looks like I will have plenty of time to enjoy

post-497-0-57804700-1483802672_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies. I've made a number of sets of covered clothes hangers for gifts, and Judy suggested that I post that idea here. There are a number of free patterns out there, but I prefer to keep it very simple

I use an H hook and WW yarn with those tubular plastic hangers, and simply single crochet evenly all around the hanger. I've also slip stitched around but sc is a lot easier for me. To start, I first either tie the yarn around the base of the hook or I do my first sc there. This isn't absolutely neccesary, but the stitches tend to slide down the hanger if you don't, and then I'm always tugging at them to see my progress. Once I'm all the way around, I just tie the yarn ends in a double knot and then a bow.

These work really well to keep clothes from sliding off the hanger. This is a very inexpensive gift, as I can get 8 packs of sturdy plastic hangers at the dollar store, and each one uses only a small amount of yarn. In fact, if I make them for myself, I just use whatever odds and ends of yarn that I have. When one color runs out, I just add another and keep going. They aren't always pretty, but they are functional.

post-6189-0-13713900-1483838690_thumb.jpg

Wow!!!  I see everyone is up and working hard into the first week of the New Year... 

Mary JO- Your blanket is has left me  :think  balls not tangled & graph  :eek 

I hit a mental road block ....What to make?

As well as  personal (NO buying yarn shopping just because)

Can Only use what yarn is in house except for orders if I get any....until after tax season..

What I know I have on hand...

RHSS Multi-colors (  15-20 random skeins)

RHSS Solid Colors (10-15 random skeins)

2- 24 X 24 boxes of Random Baby Yarn ( this includes scraps)

8-10 Boxes (copier size) of random scrap balls...

2017-Getting Started Destashing-(using what I have on hand plan)

1st project of the new year is a Wave Ripple Baby Blanket using 3 skeins of RHSS...

2nd on the go bag projects-Hat to Donate- Unforgettable hat (women) /Husband Hat- (Men)

I keep working on my Advent calendar(s). I decided one will be for my kids and this one will probably have more amis or colourful ornaments. So I've already made:

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

I think "adult" version of calendar will have more ornaments made with thread. I found a few ideas to use for calendars, so I keep crocheting :))

One problem is that I want to give "adult" versions of calendar to my 2 aunts who crochet and are very important to me. BUT how can I keep a secret for all year long????????

anna, that is a brilliant idea!!!!! I know everyone will love them! Remind me again how many you need to do?

Thought I would post a picture of my morning..... working on the Attic 24 CAL....

21 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground... but the sun is shining...

post-497-0-30100600-1483899865_thumb.jpg

anna, that is a brilliant idea!!!!! I know everyone will love them! Remind me again how many you need to do?

Thought I would post a picture of my morning..... working on the Attic 24 CAL....

21 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground... but the sun is shining...

Thank you!

Well, I"D LOVE to make 3 calendars. One for my kids and 2 for my aunts. But my first goal is the one for kids. If I manage, I'll make two more. It's quite easy and funny to think of some small items and  to make them. But I'm afraid if I don't make them now, then it will be hard to work on them during the year. The same was with my Nativity set - I had sooooo much time before next Christmas - and I haven't made a single figure.

Archived