To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

I'm spending my free holiday time with my family in our " forest garden" out of town. Here are the hearts for advent calendar and Betty Hechtman's Simple snowflake.Of course they all need starching :)

20170717_163524.jpg

20170717_163631.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the snowflake and hearts Anna.

I started the nest tote early and have it done, except for the pocket.

The package was delivered yesterday, so I can relax a little.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Yesterday my 3 nieces visited us. They said:

- Aunt, could you make octopi for us?

- But you already have ones I made for you.

- Yes, but they are big and we need SMALL and MEDIUM now...

20170718_182427.jpg

Anna, love the request you got from your nieces! Adorable little octopi!

MJ....love that doll and outfit! Porcelain would never survive in my house - If I didn't drop it one of the dogs would probably send it flying...another reason we haven't used a coffee table in like forever!

Doily #1 is coming along.Ready to start row 25 I think, of 28.

My latest crochet covered rock. This one is Wonder Woman theme with her tiara, lasso, and red gold blue with stars costume. 

A gift for the voice actress who was my intro to Wonder Woman through the Justice League cartoons of the 70's.

15009423319712040377854.jpg

Love the rock.

Mojo is not working this week.  I mean it is taking me 2 days to make a broom doll.

Well today is picture day for the tote.  Pictures should be on soon.

Have a great day.

Mary Jo - it's beautiful! I love working with bright colors!

Off I go. Happy hooking!

Doily number 2 is in the works.

Ratdog, the rock is great!

Mary Jo, I like your new tote and the doll very much!

There is a tradition in Poland that we have 2 personal occasions to celebrate during the day: the birthday and the nameday. The second one is like celebrating the patron saint of your name, but now all the other names (not only saint) have their days during the year. So it's like all the Annas celebrate their nameday on July 26th, all the Christophers on July 25th, and so on. This week is full of celebrations in my family - 4 people's namedays, my niece's birthday, wedding anniversary... SO yesterday I made two doughnuts for my aunt as a "sweet" addition to the gift for her. They are my first doughnuts ever :lol and I think I could make a few more. 

Now I work on a zebra ami for my niece's nameday. We celebrate the same day (she's Hanna) and her party is on Sunday. I have head, body, ears and one arm ready.

donuts.jpg

Thank you! Yeah, the doughnuts fit every possible diet :lol

Sometimes we give some chocolates or sweets as a gift - aren't the crochet doughnuts  - or a cupcake - better??? Healthy, long lasting... and what a relax for "the baker"! :cheer

Archived