To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry have not been on for a while.

Anna, I love the butterfly arrangement.  You always seem to make them look so pretty.

Ratdog I love the doily.  The pattern is very pretty.

Right now I am working on a knitting project.  It is 4th of July outfits for 5" baby dolls.  I forget how pointy these small needles are.

Can't get pictures right now, as we lost our photo shop, when the desk top went down.  Can't seem to find it anywhere.  Guess we will have to get a new one.

Ok. Doilies are blocking. I decided to make pillows for my 3 nephews and the first one will be a nautical flag.

So, 3 gifts down and definite plans for 2 more.

Now to decide on pillows for the other 2 nephews.

I am waiting for my glasses to be re-made hope I can see better then..

The vertigo is good some day & yucky others...

I also had a schedule change at work so that is not fun...Midnight to 8 am M-F very weird having weekends off been over 12 years since I had weekends off....

I am working on big -baby blankets lots of the male co-workers are getting ready to be daddies in the early fall and small projects...

Jayashiangel  - well, not so easy to work at nights... 

I'm preparing some little goodbye gifts for my daughter's teachers. She leaves kindergarten in two weeks and after holidays she starts school. She told me some of her teachers (there are 4) would like a ballerina mouse... :lol Ha! now ay, I'm not able to make 4... So I need to decide if I make thread lacy hearts framed or just little octopi with key rings...

Started the pillow for my nephew. It is a maritime flag meaning "dragging anchor". It was a bit small so I added a border. Now it is about 12x12 inches..

I am still working on the back in solid black. Hope to have it done tonight.

1497263274390-664079163.jpg

On 6/10/2017 at 8:21 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry have not been on for a while.

Anna, I love the butterfly arrangement.  You always seem to make them look so pretty.

Ratdog I love the doily.  The pattern is very pretty.

Right now I am working on a knitting project.  It is 4th of July outfits for 5" baby dolls.  I forget how pointy these small needles are.That they are!!!!

Can't get pictures right now, as we lost our photo shop, when the desk top went down.  Can't seem to find it anywhere.  Guess we will have to get a new one. Darn....:(

You ladies are on a roll!!! Great work!

I'm finishing the border of the baby ghan shower gift and will likely add some crocheted flowers on each corner square (shower is a garden theme!)

Rat dog, that was a great find with the buttons! Terrific gift.

MJ - looking forward to seeing chewbacca! Did someone request it?

Here's the baby gift! No flowers on it - when I asked DH his opinion he thought they might get caught. I never thought of that!

IMG_20170613_191952201.jpg

Love the afghan Judianne.

Ratdog, I have rocks my little sister painted for me years ago.  I love the crochet around the rocks.

Yes , I had a request for a Chewbacca.  The person I gave the afghan and moon pillow to asked if I could make one.  Her DH, who is military, says he loves the character and would I make one.  I told her ok.  Now I have to figure out what to charge, or she won't take it.  I think just for the yarn?????

10 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the afghan Julianne  Thanks!!

Ratdog, I have rocks my little sister painted for me years ago.  I love the crochet around the rocks.

Yes , I had a request for a Chewbacca.  The person I gave the afghan and moon pillow to asked if I could make one.  Her DH, who is military, says he loves the character and would I make one.  I told her ok.  Now I have to figure out what to charge, or she won't take it.  I think just for the yarn?????

Charging for the yarn - rounding it up if you want, is what I do a lot of the time. If I have the yarn in stash I then leave it up to them - but that's only with good friends!

Rat dog, that's a really good look - never would have thought of putting a crocheted piece over a rock. I might have to borrow that idea!

Judianne I love the afghan.

Ratdog the covered rocks are cute.

I just finished a Chewbacca and I am hoping to get pictures today. I have a lot of pictures to take, now that we have a new photo shop type of software.

ratdog, the covered rocks are pretty. I remember such decoration were sold at the seaside as souvenires. My aunt got small one, covered with lace and framed. Very nice. I think it's better than those plastic souvenires kids love...

judianne, the afghan is perfect the way it is!

Finally got the photo shop, so here are some of the things I have been working on.

Strawberry Kitchen set for the American Legion.

Here are the other 2 Chewbacca's I made.  the small one is exactally like the pattern.  I used boa on the other.  Wish I could find a light brown boa.

I still have to find the picture of the beach bag.

Working on the July tote.

Archived