To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Thanks everybody!

MJ, tis the season for sinus headaches here, too. I feel your pain...

Rat dog - starting just one new project? Shame on you - we all need multiple things going at once!:heehee:devil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.  Another beautiful day here.

I did not do much yesterday and I hope to get back to work today.

Here is Groot. I finally got a picture of him. I am hoping to do one in thread now.

Great works, ladies!

I've made a few small thread butterflies. I'll make a basket with butterflies for my daughter's ballet teacher for her wedding. I was going to make a pair of mice for her - but I'm a bit tired of mice nowadays... So I'll make something different.

I also made a few key ring charms and bead bracelets and started some little owls and octopi - it's Children 's day on June 1st here so I think it's good to have some little gifts in my pocket that day... I have pleaded bracelets for my case - with beads for girls and no beads for boys. I'm going for a summer camp with kids soon too - so Buch of owls and octopi will be perfect...

Also, when my daughter gifted the purple mouse to her friend... A few days later her mum asked me if I could make another one for her older daughter. She said she couldn't believe that a girl aged 10 could be so in love with a toy :lol the problem is - it's not HER toy... How could I say NO? :sweat

Anna, that's how I get into trouble and add projects to my list - which is why I try not to share my project pictures on FB any more!:lol  Butterflies sound good, too - you don't wasn't to make mice if you're not mentally into it. I'm a firm believer in not tainting your work with negative vibes.

I've made the first granny square for the next baby gift. Colors for the nursery are peach, gray, pink and white. After trying several color sequences I finally decided on using the peach as the center, a focal point, and the other colors will fill out the rest of the granny square. I'll put one round of peach on the border, too.

Have a good night ladies! 

No more peach in the square - didn't like it at all. Now the gray white and pink are all I'm using!

IMG_20170528_114000029.jpg

There is something about grey or brown and pink that looks just right.  Love the square Judy.

Well, I hope we all survived the weekend and we are back to what is normal.  Yeah right.

I finished the new tote and I gave my friend her gift of the afghan and pillows. 

I hope to work on some dolls now, but who knows.  I am swayed so easily.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi peeps!

MJ, I always feel great getting completed gifts out of the house! I'm sure you're the same... I see we share a low threshold of boredom when it comes to projects...loL! I love starting stuff....then....:P

looking forward to seeing the newest tote!

Hi everyone I  decided to get new glass so I got my eyes exam done & ordered glass..Well a few day later I got a case of Vertigo the Dr thinks? Did blood work and EKG to make sure it was not my heart or Diabetes......I am having what I would describe as being on a Merry-go-Round  when I lay down (to go to bed) and when I am awake I just get the dizzy feeling like I am gonna fall on my face when I stand....So crocheting and reading have been down to a low amount...Oh but on top of all this fun I am having issues with the new glass so visual issues all around :O):think

However I have finished 2 projects....

Monster Phone Case for a gag gift for my fiance and this ripple to put in my stash for baby gift as needed...

20170601_Complete Monster Phone Case.jpg

20170601_Shades of Blue and Green Ripple.jpg

Jay, I love RR's....cute! And the monster phone case is a hoot!

Here's my progress picture. I will likely make 3 more strips of 6 squares before making the deep border. I want it long enough to be a crib blanket.

IMG_20170602_103028483.jpg

On 2.06.2017 at 7:41 PM, judianne said:

Jay, I love RR's....cute! And the monster phone case is a hoot!

Here's my progress picture. I will likely make 3 more strips of 6 squares before making the deep border. I want it long enough to be a crib blanket.

IMG_20170602_103028483.jpg

The squares have beautiful color combination! The blanket will be really stunning!

On 2.06.2017 at 1:39 AM, Jayashiangel said:

Hi everyone I  decided to get new glass so I got my eyes exam done & ordered glass..Well a few day later I got a case of Vertigo the Dr thinks? Did blood work and EKG to make sure it was not my heart or Diabetes......I am having what I would describe as being on a Merry-go-Round  when I lay down (to go to bed) and when I am awake I just get the dizzy feeling like I am gonna fall on my face when I stand....So crocheting and reading have been down to a low amount...Oh but on top of all this fun I am having issues with the new glass so visual issues all around :O):think

However I have finished 2 projects....

Monster Phone Case for a gag gift for my fiance and this ripple to put in my stash for baby gift as needed...

20170601_Complete Monster Phone Case.jpg

20170601_Shades of Blue and Green Ripple.jpg

Cute gifts!

Instead of making mice-bride-and-groom for my daughter's ballet teacher, I made a composition of butterflies. It looks like a bouquet ;) I know the teacher liked it a lot, so - mission accomplished :cheer

wedding butterflies.jpg

Thank you! I need to make more butterflies as my friend is getting married in July. But you know - making such composition is not SO difficult. You can use any kind of vase or basket, put the sponge for artificial flowers inside, stuff the butterflies on wires, add some greens (artificial) and... compose all together. I liked small basket-bikes for wedding decorations but I haven't seen them at the market for a long time.

Finally made it back to Crochetville.  My first baby blanket for my cousin's first grandchild didn't quite work so I'm about 1/4 way through the second pattern and it seems to be working out OK.

I'm trying to figure out something for a wedding present for brother's wedding.  We will do a traditional gift but I want to give them something handmade as well.  Have some thinking to do.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, Bailey4 said:

Finally made it back to Crochetville.  My first baby blanket for my cousin's first grandchild didn't quite work so I'm about 1/4 way through the second pattern and it seems to be working out OK.

I'm trying to figure out something for a wedding present for brother's wedding.  We will do a traditional gift but I want to give them something handmade as well.  Have some thinking to do.

Good to see you, Bailey! Sorry the first blanket attempt didn't go well - looking forward to seeing what you've come up with this time around!

For your brother's wedding - I've given blankets - neutral color and wide enough for two...

Wow July love the afghan so far.  Anna, the butterflies are so pretty.  I love the arrangement. 

Sometimes that is the way it works Bailey4.  You put one pattern aside, and work on another.

I finished up some Kitchen stuff for the American Legion.  I hope to get pictures soon. 

Another day of rain, but we may see the sun sometime.

Just delivered 6 prayer shawls to our local Hospice.  They were excited to get them--they said: "These are the only ones we have right now!"  !!!??? They used to have 25-30 prayer shawls at almost any given time!  I wonder if our group is the only one crocheting for them right now???  I told my "girls" that we need to stop making afghans for the Veterans' hospitals for a little while and concentrate on Prayer Shawls!  We just sent the Veterans 6 lapghans last week, so that might do them for a bit!  I 'm SO very proud of my "girls"--they do so much!!

Archived