To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness! I was just catching up! Apak, my first crochet projects were the donut and cupcake seen in my avatar!! It made me smile to see yours. Mine we're  part of a little kit I got for Christmas one year.

gorgeous projects every! Really! Summers are so weird, but now it's back to work with school time. 

I'm working on a baby blanket for my new nephew although I haven't brought it out of the closet for a few weeks. The pattern is super annoying. The kind that you can kinda memorize because it's 2 rows repeated BUT the ends are not the same and I cannot remember which is which so I have to actually pay attention. :rolleyes 

Charis, when does your school start again?

And I hate patterns like that one you're working on! I'm working on doily number 3 (of 4) for a friend, and I still make stupid mistakes. I think I may be one of those people that needs a graph for doily work - my eyes seem to glaze over when I'm reading a huge paragraph of directions. Today I had to resort to using a post it note and move it down the paragraph every two lines or so!

The 3 are the same pattern, but number 4 is different and may be a bit of a challenge....in reading the directions, of course:lol

Happy hooking everyone!

We start the 28th. I have meetings next week.

I don't think I've used a post it but I use basically the same technique, cover up the other lines when I get confused. Doilies and snowflakes are tricky. I can't watch anything while doing them, just music.

11 hours ago, Charis said:

We start the 28th. I have meetings next week.

I don't think I've used a post it but I use basically the same technique, cover up the other lines when I get confused. Doilies and snowflakes are tricky. I can't watch anything while doing them, just music.

Totally agree - almost impossible to work on thread when there are distractions: especially when a dog is barking at the window next to you...lol!

Good luck in the school year!

Hi, ladies!
Well, doily number 3 is finished...

Ladies, have the Summer doldrums set in or have there been any finishes lately?

Here is what I have been working on, while I wait for more (need I say it?) yarn.  It will be in today.

They are from a knitted kit from Mary Maxim.  I also have the one for Thanksgiving.  I also have Thanksgiving in Crochet I have to make.

Trick or Treat Babies (3).JPG

Wow, Mary Jo, those outfits are incredibly cute! I love them!

About thread crochet - for me it's not difficult, I find it very easy to make doilies or snowflakes - BUT I ALWAYS work with graphs and I CAN"T IMAGINE following written instructions for such projects! When I look at the graph, I can clearly see the sequences of stitches and it's really easy. But the same pattern written has to be difficult because of many changes of stitches.

Well, I have tons of magazines with patterns for doilies. They are in Polish, but if you can read the graphs, you don't need to know Polish... I'm just telling in case someone's interested... ;)

I'm back to big octopuses - not the keyring now, but those for newborns. I made one for my friend's first grandson who was born a few days ago. Then I've been reported with one's beloved octopus missing... so I made a new one for the kid.

I tried a few times to us a symbol graph.  Unless I have the sheet next to me telling me what symbol is what stitch I get confused.  It is less confusing though I must admit that.

I have the tote done and am working on a wiggy hot pad to match the colors of the tote.

Hi, peeps!

20 hours ago, Apak said:

Wow, Mary Jo, those outfits are incredibly cute! I love them!

About thread crochet - for me it's not difficult, I find it very easy to make doilies or snowflakes - BUT I ALWAYS work with graphs and I CAN"T IMAGINE following written instructions for such projects! When I look at the graph, I can clearly see the sequences of stitches and it's really easy. Looking at what came before in the stitch sequence is how I finish rounds. I read the first repeat, then ignore the written directions  But the same pattern written has to be difficult because of many changes of stitches.It is - which is why I sometimes get confused. I find the directions are sometimes over-wordy and my eyes glaze over! Then it's time to put the thread and hook down and come back another time. Right now our female German shepherd is barking - she's the reason why I always have a mindless crochet project at hand! Current mindless project is a round ripple: yellow, tea green and white. For the NICU my friend/neighbor works at. I already have a few pieces for her - hope to get some hats added to the pile too. Just simple beanies.

Well, I have tons of magazines with patterns for doilies. They are in Polish, but if you can read the graphs, you don't need to know Polish... I'm just telling in case someone's interested... ;) Funny you should mention that! A couple of years ago I had  secret pal, an American, who lived in Krakow with her family for a while. She sent me some thread magazines which I love looking at, but haven't pulled out to make anything because I haven't worked with symbols yet. I have to look at them again - some were cats, dogs, etc...very cute and didn't look hard! I'm half Polish, and my mom crocheted beautifully, so that's part of why Karen sent them to me. She was a wonderful secret pal. Lost track of her, though.

I'm back to big octopuses - not the keyring now, but those for newborns. I made one for my friend's first grandson who was born a few days ago. Then I've been reported with one's beloved octopus missing... so I made a new one for the kid.

Octopus making....start an assembly line!!

Thanks Mary Jo - it's actually an easy pattern to follow. The next one won't be as easy - from Patricia Kristofferson. That will be worked on up in my sitting room in small sessions...lol!

49 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Pretty trio!Thank you!

Sad day here. Had to put one of our furbabies to sleep this morning. Hopefully I'll get some crochet therapy in today.

Oh, Mona, I know how that feels - too well. It's never easy. :hug

On 9/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, Tampa Doll said:

I have finally finished the Mermaid doll.  I am now working on another that is called Hot fudge Sundae.

Awesome!! I love the things you make - you have so much patience!

I started doily number 4!

How i everyone else doing??

I am working on mini backpacks for a few people for Xmas & just have to finish them off (weaving all the ends in & making the strap part) and then I will post a few pictures....I am also in a Cal on Raverly and need to get started on this months Theme/Type item just slow going over here....Not really motivated to do much of anything? not so sure why but maybe this weekend will get me back in the groove w/ some rest LOL

Archived