2017 Afghan for NICU babies for Christmas- 11th year for delivery!

badrhinogillett

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RecycleCindy said:

Kathryn - Glad to see my blankets arrived along with many others for those sweet babies! Hope the drive is going well this year.

So far we have just over 90 afghans!  We have about 8 weeks left until I will deliver, so hopefully a few more boxes arrive.  Now that it's no longer 110 in my town, I"ve picked my hook back up and am getting some more done as well.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:07 PM, bgs said:

I mailed these and a couple of others last week while the 'ville was down.

20170402_103950.thumb.jpg.17e7a8a5aac8edbe58a2e653a5b35010.jpg20170505_103420.thumb.jpg.f918b0544e59a495894cb6bfdcfbce11.jpg

Could you share your Star afghan pattern?  Thanks if you can!

I received a box from Shawn on Tuesday.  I'm sorry I didn't post earlier - Northern California is in the midst of tremendous fires and I have evacuated family at my house.  For some reason I'm unable to logon to the Ville from my home computer right now.  Just want you to know the box arrived safely- when I know it wont' be smoky any longer, I'll open it and get a picture up.

6 hours ago, badrhinogillett said:

I received a box from Shawn on Tuesday.  I'm sorry I didn't post earlier - Northern California is in the midst of tremendous fires and I have evacuated family at my house.  For some reason I'm unable to logon to the Ville from my home computer right now.  Just want you to know the box arrived safely- when I know it wont' be smoky any longer, I'll open it and get a picture up.

I have seen the devastation on the news.  Glad you and your family are ok.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, badrhinogillett said:

Glad the box made it.  Stay safe with the fires!! 

(Shawn)

• 1 month later...

Here are the last items I"m adding to our donation. 

6 scarves and 3 hats from my daughter

3 afghans and 5 hats from Pam

2 afghans from Shawn

32 hats from my Mama

I"m taking everything on Friday - God bless all of you for your donations.  I"ve posted the updated total on the first post - but we are bringing 97 afghans, 40 hat and 6 scarves

DOnation - Hailey.jpg

DOnation - Pam.jpg

Donation - Shawn.jpg

DOnation- Mama.jpg

Our donation all ready for delivery.

Mama and I both bought new mattress pads, comforters and sheets recently and the packages they come in are perfect for storing and taking our donation.  If you find you have any that you have no use for, I'd love it if you could send them my way!

25395849_10155992465214111_6508568816656286993_n.jpg

I thought you would all want to know how appreciative the hospital was of the donation.  I met the lady I see every year (child life coordinator), and she told me that a NICU nurse had been to her office earlier in the week asking, "Do you have any blankets?"  (they were out) and she happily replied "I will on Friday!'  

It's so nice to know that we are helping with a true need the hospital has.  Thank you again for your help.  I'll be putting up the new post shortly.

6 hours ago, badrhinogillett said:

I thought you would all want to know how appreciative the hospital was of the donation.  I met the lady I see every year (child life coordinator), and she told me that a NICU nurse had been to her office earlier in the week asking, "Do you have any blankets?"  (they were out) and she happily replied "I will on Friday!'  

It's so nice to know that we are helping with a true need the hospital has.  Thank you again for your help.  I'll be putting up the new post shortly.

Such wonderful news to hear how much the blankets are needed and appreciated. Thank you for heading up this drive each year. It is a wonderful cause and I will be back again next year making more blankets for the hospital. :manyheart

Archived