Skein A Week

antara

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have purchased all the skeins I need for one project....initially I needed yarn for 2-3 projects...so while my first project is in the works I am buying yarn for the second project...the third project has me shuttering already!:eek But hopefully the buying of the third projects yarns will happen as the second project is in the works...hmmm confusing....lol

Well y'all, I just finished my project! :clapI made the Purple Pizzaz Wrap from the Crochet! Jan. issue. It took 2 -4 skeins each of 7 different novelty yarns. Lots of yarn! It turned out very pretty, but I think next time I'll make it a little shorter (and use less yarn;)).

Well y'all, I just finished my project! :clapI made the Purple Pizzaz Wrap from the Crochet! Jan. issue. It took 2 -4 skeins each of 7 different novelty yarns. Lots of yarn! It turned out very pretty, but I think next time I'll make it a little shorter (and use less yarn;)).

Woo-hoo! Do you have pics, by any chance?

Woo-hoo! Do you have pics, by any chance?

As a matter of fact....

PICT1348_edited.jpg

This is my darling daughter playing model. You can't tell how long it is in the photo, but if I put it around my neck, it hangs to the floor!:P

that is fabulous. but, did you get it back away from your daughter? because, if i had modeled it, i would have taken off for the door with it. :clap

Thanks, y'all!!! :hug

If it had been black and hot pink, it would've been looonngg gone!;)

Sorry I haven't posted since I asked to join, but things have been crazy around here. It turns out that I had way more than enough to make that blanket for my dad in the homespun yarn that I bought on Ebay! I bought 12 skeins and only used 5 & 1/2! Now I have enough left over to make one for me!!!:clap DH liked it too and wants one in blue. Maybe I can have that one done for Father's Day.

Since I finished that I have made a baby blanket in some homespun my mom found at a yard sale and started on a round ripple baby blanket. I guess the round ripple can now be my skein a week.

Here is a link to pics as I am not sure how to post pics on here.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a285/cubm0m/Crochet%202006/

Tater

Just a thought, last month someone was saying that Homespun gets all fuzzy looking and it isn't as attractive as they expected. I don't know if this was after laundering or what.

I have been doing poorly with this crochet along. I have only bought 4 skeins so far and I still have no clue what I am going to make with it. I was thinking of maybe a throw since the yarn I chose is soooo soft but I don't know how it will do in a throw. Then I was thinking of maybe a shrug or shawl or even a hat and scarf set. I am leaning more towards the shrug or shawl idea since that would be wonderful to cuddle up in.

I am buying the Caron Bliss yarn in purple. (my fave color.) Hopefully once I get settled in next week up north I can return to purchasing this yarn.

I'm not doing well here either. I've been trying to get into a schedule to buy two skeins every two weeks when we get paid, but we are out of money again this paycheck. :thumbdown DH accidentally made our car payment twice so there will be no extras this check. :oops

I know what you mean Ginny. We were pretty busy here with Christmas guests all the way from England (and that pretty much wiped out any extra money we would have had but hey...it was Christmas and who has extra money at that time of year anyway) and then dh just deployed last weekend and now I am packing up and things just cost money.:( I don't know why!! Seems silly to me that we should have to BUY yarn. It should be supplied to us. I mean (at least for me) yarn is what keeps me from going insane.:hookI think if people really understood this, they would supply us with all the yarn our hearts desired. (or at least made the really nice yarns cheaper than the inexpensive ones...like Red Heart.)

• 2 weeks later...

i finished my hooded scarf that i made for ME (a rare occurance). then, a couple of days ago, i was cruising around on Dot's site and found the clint eastwood style poncho. i used to have a sarape-type poncho and loved it. sooooo, here i go again. it's gonna take quite a bit of yarn and i want to use the squishy soft stuff and probably 3 or 4 colors for the stipes, so i'm back to buying a skein or 2 a week unless i find something on sale. i'm thinking of doing browns and grays. it might be neat to try to figure out how to put a hood on it, too. but i'm getting way ahead of myself. i'll be doing good to do the poncho. hopefully, i'll get it done before next fall. :lol

You finished, huh? That's great! Do you have any pics? I checked your blog but didn't see any. Dot's patterns are lovely, I'm sure your poncho will be beautiful!

Archived