Bobble Stitch Mistake

My3dogs

Question

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can suggest how I may be able to fix an extra bobble stitch in my blanket. I'm crocheting my first bobble stitch blanket and it spells out a bible verse. 79 stitches long and 35 rows in, I realized that I have an extra bobble on my letter "e" (so it looks like an "o" with a line through the middle). ???? I've been working on this blanket for 2 months, and this particular word all day and would hate to have to undo so much to fix it. Is there anyway to "remove" or "hide" the extra bobble so my "e" will look like an "e"?

I appreciate any help or suggestions! Thanks!! ????

9 answers to this question

Hello!! Thanks so much for responding!!

Sadly I'm about 15 rows (well 30 counting the single crochet only rows) past it. It took me almost 10 hours to finish this word. ???? But . . . practice makes perfect, right? I've definitely learned my lesson and will start paying more attention to my letters being formed.

Thanks again for reading my post and responding! I really appreciate it!

Hello!! Thanks so much for responding!!

Sadly I'm about 15 rows (well 30 counting the single crochet only rows) past it. It took me almost 10 hours to finish this word. ???? But . . . practice makes perfect, right? I've definitely learned my lesson and will start paying more attention to my letters being formed.

Thanks again for reading my post and responding! I really appreciate it!

I did one of those bobble afghans that spell words and pictures.  It is SO frustrating to find a misplaced bobble.  I remember every time I had to rip back to fix it, I would just cry.  There is no other fix.  The good thing is that my counting improved tremendously.  I counted every bobble row 3 times.  Once while I was doing it, once while doing the sc row and a third time after every sc row.

I'm already crying! ???? Well, I did take a vacation day from work tomorrow, so I know how I'll be spending it now. Lol! Great idea on counting three times! I'll start doing that. I'm sure that will help!

Thanks so much for reading my post and responding!! ????

Try this first, providing the back won't be that important

From the front side, stuff the bobble to the back. Thread a yarn needle with matching yarn, fasten it on the back beside the bobble, go through to the front and weave the stitches on either side together. Take the thread to the back again and fasten it off.

I can't guarantee it'll work perfectly, but it might get things to where you wouldn't notice from a galloping horse.

Don't cry!!  I've done a lot of ripping in my life and if I could magically re-conjure the ripped stitches later, I'd have a room full of blankets I'm sure.  When I have to rip, the re-doing always seems faster for some reason (or, just tell yourself that).  I find it's a good idea to stop and carefully admire your work every few rows, it does help spot mistakes before they get too far behind you.  :hug

Oh my gosh, Becky!! That works!!!!! ???? I can't believe it!!! I was I dreading all day having to redo this. You have totally made my day!!! ???????? I'm so happy right! Christmas came early! Thank you SO much for this trick!! I really can't thank you enough!!!!!!! ????????????

And, yes Granny Square, on the word that I'm starting today, I am counting, recounting and turning my work around to look at the words much more carefully! Thank you for that!! ????

Thank you all for your encouragement, tips and tricks! I truly appreciate you all!! ❤️

Archived