Christmas Tree knitted and Crocheted

Tampa Doll

This tree starts out knitted, then you all crocheted branches and finally your decorate it.

This is a pattern from little owl hut.  You can leave the leaves off and put a Santa hat on and a face.  So cute.

post-105-0-24358300-1481475511_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-87247700-1481475521_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-45192900-1481475533_thumb.jpg  GIF

It's adorable!  Great way to combine both skills.  :)

@ Krys: You could learn to knit.  You make such beautiful crocheted things, that I'd bet your knitting would be just as wonderful!

Thank you Sharon:) Nice to see you back here:).

For some reason I never wanted to learn to knit. Just the thought working with 2 needles (one in each hand) turns me off!  LOL

Happy Holidays!!  :ctree

Krys

PS: That tree trunk & that base can be done with crochet. I might just try to do that next year:).

Actually you could probable do the whole thing is Crochet.  She does have a pattern for a crocheted Christmas tree.  That is next years project.

See when I was little I could not get the hang of using one hook, so I took up knitting, seemed easier.

Thank you all for the compliments.  The tree is on it's way to it's happy new home.

Actually you could probable do the whole thing is Crochet.  She does have a pattern for a crocheted Christmas tree.  That is next years project.

See when I was little I could not get the hang of using one hook, so I took up knitting, seemed easier.

Thank you all for the compliments.  The tree is on it's way to it's happy new home.

That is what I meant: the whole tree in crochet. Because the branches are crochet anyway.

I probably would use Styrofoam cone for inside. That way I would not have to bother with "stuffing" that tree evenly. And I would use round wooden base for stability. I do not like "wobbly" and maybe tipping over things.  LOL. That is why I always put a weight inside my amigurumi. There are some exceptions that I don't, like Christmas ornaments and...

Did you used CD disk for that base of your tree?.

Krys

Krys, there are quite a few patterns for crocheted Christmas trees online that are beautiful!  Try crochetpatterncentral.com, or just type in crocheted Christmas tree pattern, and it will give you several sources!

Krys, there are quite a few patterns for crocheted Christmas trees online that are beautiful!  Try crochetpatterncentral.com, or just type in crocheted Christmas tree pattern, and it will give you several sources!

Happy Holidays!  :wreath  :ctree  :hbulb

Krys

I used a ring made from plastic canvas and then filled it 1/2 way with pellets and the res with stuffing. 

The bottom of the tree and the flat bottom of the trunk are DVD's.  Great way to get rid of old CD's or DVD's.

Archived