Ashley Tipton

Question

​Can someone clarify this pattern for me? I have completed four rows and it doesn't seem to be right. Am I supposed to connect with multiple slip stitches as the piece gets bigger? I'm not sure if I am supposed to be going around and around the piece or working from right to left and turning....

Row 1: Ch 26, sc in 2nd ch and in each ch across. Rotate your work and continue to sc down the other side of the ch, join with a sl st. (50 sc in total)

Row 2-22: hdc across (50 hdc)

:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry 

4 answers to this question

The pattern starts with a chain

Then crochet in the back loop only across

Then turn and crochet in the other loop on the foundation chain.

Then crochet in rounds hdc for the number of rows called for.

You are going to end up with a pouch to put your feet in.

Don't feel bad about not being able to understand the directions when you are first learning!  My favorite story about myself was many years ago (about 48 yrs)--I was trying to make a round doily--the instructions said: "make 5 chains, join. Then make 12 sc in the circle"  I couldn't for the LIFE of me figure out how to put 12 sc in those 5 chains!!!!  I finally called my hubby's aunt, who had been making 60" tablecloths for years -- and she told me:  "You don't put the sc in the chains--just in the circle you made!"  Well, DUH!!!!!  :reyes Thankfully, she never mentioned that to anyone else!!!

Archived