Entrelac in a rectangle

jdonne5

Question

Help! Is anyone really good at entrelac in a rectangle? Once per project I end up finishing a square in a valley – in the joint of the L. I know at this point I need to bind off and start again on a different part of the work on the next row. However I still end up back in the valley and the project doesn't look right. I'm not sure how to fix that section. Has anyone else ever encountered this, and if so what's the answer?

I am grateful for any help anyone can provide. I'm self-taught, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

I've only done one entrelac baby afghan and it was square.  I found that "The Crochet Crowd" has the best written and video tutorials about entrelac.  They also answer questions when you contact them.  They have a several entrelac tutorials, here's the one on entrelac rectangles ...

http://thecrochetcrowd.com/entrelac-rectangular-afghans/

I really think that you'll get the best advice there.  I did my one afghan this year and got lot's of "oh, that's on my to do list" and "I want to try that."  But I don't remember anyone experienced, doling out advice.  I wish I could help, but I did mine corner to corner.

Thanks for the welcome!  Yes, I learned to do this via crochetcrowd and have watched all of their videos on entrelac; there is a brief mention of ending up in the L joint, but it is just a mention.  I posted to their FB page, which I follow pretty religiously, but did not get any responses.  Thanks, anyway!  I appreciate that you took the time to respond.

Archived