Posting and Crocheting?

Ok, so I see that there are many of you whom crochet many lovely things AND have posts in the thousands...

How do you have time for all of that?! :think  Not judging at all, just curious how y'all manage so many posts and crochet projects! I'm sure there are many other things going on in your lives too!

I admire your commitment! :yes

I hit the computer while having my morning coffee. I check my email (yes-I still do email- lol) view my list of free daily patterns, then, Crochetville. Then on to start the rest of my day.

Whenever I sit in "my" chair, I pick up my needlework right beside it. A day doesn't go by that I don't crochet on something. Right now it's small Christmas gifts, then a few rows on the afghan I'm working on. I love crocheting in the evening while the TV is on since I can't sit and just watch TV- that's too boring for me to just stare at a huge box. Once in awhile just before bedtime, I'll check a few blogs I enjoy reading and a quick glance at Facebook faves. Actually, it's not that much time online so I enjoy it.

I have multiple hand/arm health issues nowadays (getting older isn't for sissies!) so I can only craft for a couple of hours a day without setting something off; like ReniC I crochet or knit in the evening watching TV.

ReniC, what are the free daily pattern sites you subscribe to?  I get the Maggie Weldon mails...I used to subscribe to Leisure Arts Free Pattern Friday until they required you to have a PayPal account to download a free pattern(!), and I didn't want to sign up for Paypal.

I too crochet while watching tv or more often listen to a book. We are semi-retired so that allows a little more time some days anyway. I try to respond to the happy birthday and introduce yourself posts and follow several cals so it adds up. Also how long you've been a member is a big factor.

I'm like ReniC--I check my emails once or twice a day, and also check Crochetville then.  I teach 2 crochet classes, and belong to a local Prayer Shawl group, so I get 6 hours of crochet at those (2 hours each).  I'm also retired, which gives me a LOT more time than I used to have--plus--my yarn and hook go EVERYWHERE I go, so anytime I'm still for a few minutes, I'm crocheting!  If we travel anywhere, I crochet while hubby drives!  Add all those little tidbits of time, and there you have it!

Ha, Ha!  I had to laugh at some of the post, especially don't look under the couch.

I as many am retired and I have my special chair that has my crocheting or knitting next to it.  Tampa Guy calls it my happy chair.

I do my e-mails, then check on here and other sites, then off to my chair.  Today was different, as I did some cleaning so I can decorate.  That will take up most of my time for the next week, but I will knit or crochet at night, watching TV.

The thing you have to remember.  I have no crumb crushers, teenagers or germ factories living with us, so we have plenty of time to do what we want and when we want.

I have time to post and crochet but never seem tonget around to cleaning! Please dont look under the couch!

I won't look as long as you don't look under mine!  ROFL

If you look at the dates joined under the number of posts, you'll see that those that responded have been on this site for many years. (Mary Jo is almost at 12 years here!!!)

I have fibromyalgia, so I spend a lot of time laying down or sitting.  I have to keep my mind and hands occupied.  So, sometimes I'm on the computer/tablet/phone (email, FB, forums, searching, shopping, games ... mostly games) or I'm doing a craft, puzzles, reading, etc.  If I don't keep occupied, then I tend to do the things I'm not supposed to do (eating junk, over sleeping, smoking cigs., and worrying/getting depressed.)  So, crocheting is just one of positive therapeutic things that I do.

Heh...if you look under my couch I'm sure you'll find all those plastic non-locking stitch markers that fell off, playing with the dust bunnies...

Don't forget the hooks that the couch/chair chewed up and spit out. :rofl 

You ladies crack me up!!!  :lol   I have yarn stashed in the most obscure places, and only I know my many hiding spots- :D

I have so much yarn that I forget where it is stashed!  Oh!  But how happy I am when I find yet another bag of skeins I'd forgotten I bought!

Granny Square, on 30 Nov 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:Granny Square, on 30 Nov 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

........ReniC, what are the free daily pattern sites you subscribe to?  I get the Maggie Weldon mails...I used to subscribe to Leisure Arts Free Pattern Friday until they required you to have a PayPal account to download a free pattern(!), and I didn't want to sign up for Paypal.

Here you go:

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/project-of-the-day

http://www.dailycrocheter.com/day.php

http://www.free-crochet.com/

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?cat_id=2

I also once in awhile check Face Book pages for Elk Studio, Red Heart, Yarnspirations and Lion Brand.

Granny Square, on 03 Dec 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Thanks ReniC!  I do check a few of those every so often for 'recently added' patterns, but you listed a couple of new ones for me to check out :D

You're very welcome. Glad I could help. :)

• 2 months later...

You guys are soooo fun.  I really had to cut down my 'puter time so I could actually FINISH projects.   Since I only have a desktop computer on the second floor,  I can easily limit my "cruising" to 10 or 15 minutes a couple times a day.  I keep a bag with crochet projects in it close to the back door so I can grab it on the way out.  Used to keep projects in the car but I ended up with a bunch of UFO's co-mingling on the floor of the back seat  :reyes.   I rarely make large projects like afghans any more but always have a basket with several small projects by my living room chair.  Like many of the comments here, I can't JUST watch TV unless I'm too sick to hold a hook  ;) .  Since I create greeting cards and sew a lot of my hubby's and my clothes, finding time for everything is a bit tricky.   I did sacrifice housekeeping to the cause and that freed up a bunch of time  :lol .

Barbara

I did sacrifice housekeeping to the cause and that freed up a bunch of time  :lol .

Barbara

That's my philosophy too! I just bought a project bag that says "Sometimes I tell myself to stop crocheting and get things done.....Then I laugh and do another row."

........................   I did sacrifice housekeeping to the cause and that freed up a bunch of time  :lol .

Barbara

You go girl!!!!!

Archived