Please help identify this stitch

MamaCade

Question

11 answers to this question

Oops I did! Sorry I'm new :) thank you for the warm welcome!

Here it is!!

I can post a better picture if this isn't clear.

It's stitched in a long rectangle ... I think about 60 long and 45 wide(?) my sister likes that the strips go up and down instead of around (like they do when they are done with a magic ring)

I've tried a few different stitches and can quite figurare this one out!!

Thank you!!!

A magic ring is used when working in the round (from the center out, like a round doily, top of a hat, or a granny square), this is worked back and forth.  This looks like post stitches to me. 

Edit - a totorial.

http://www.redheart.com/learn/articles/ultimate-guide-crochet-post-stitches

These stitches make a stiffer fabric than the basic stitches, and also use up more yarn per area.  You can use them to make cables, decorative stitches and stitch patterns, even 'draw' with them if you mix them with plain stitches.

Where did your sister get this item? Is it a mass-produced item that she bought in a store? Did she buy it at a craft show?

That might help us track down a pattern or stitch source.

She follows a girl in instagram who makes them.

Made by hand, not mass produced ... crochet... I can post another pic of a different one of that is helpful

No, please do not upload any more photos. Due to copyright laws, our forum policies state that members can only upload photos to which they own the copyright. Please edit your first post and remove the photo. If you need help doing that, just let me know.

You are very welcome to post links to these images, though, wherever they've been posted by the person selling the items.

I would suggest your sister simply contact the Instagram poster and ask her if there's a pattern available or if she would tell her what stitch is being used. That's the easiest way to get an answer, if the seller is willing to share that information. Some sellers consider their pattern sources as "company proprietary information," and that's totally within their rights to do, especially if they are making something fairly unique.

Archived