What to do with this yarn.....?

CiCi24

Question

I'm a total newbie to crochet... I'm getting way ahead of myself thanks to all these awesome crochet projects I keep seeing. I tend to think " oh that should be easy, I can do that". Then I realize I don't know how to read patterns. I'm so impatient and never tried. I got so frustrated trying to read it so I turned to YouTube. I've made a chunky blanket, coasters, beanies, slouchy beanie (which is too tight for my head) fingerless gloves, 60 small granny squares (which I have no idea how to put together) and a bunch of I don't know what they are! ????

Then today I got so excited that I found a king size flat sheet that I didn't need. Or at least I convinced myself I didn't need it just so I can rip it up! ???? Anyway I followed a video and I cut the strips about 1 inch thick. It came out great! Now my question is... What are some of the best things to make with it? I guess I just felt like cutting this sheet up because I have no idea what to do with it now. Lol any suggestions would be great! I'd love to make a basket to put all my crochets stuff in but I'm not sure... Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!post-78599-0-66639700-1479352237_thumb.jpeg

3 answers to this question

This would make an awesome basket, it would hold it's shape well.  1" wide is will be hard to work with.  I think you may be better off cutting the strip in half and working with 1/2" wide 'yarn'.  Plus, this will give you twice the yardage.  If I did my math right, ( king sheet=78"wide x 80"long) you have about 173 yards now.

Here is a pattern with tutorial on making baskets with sheets!  It combine sheet strips with yarn.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/basket-of-sheets

Here is a squarish basket, it calls for 2 strands of kitchen cotton so the sheet should work (but you'd have to cut it down to get enough yardage)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/2-strand-basket

Thanks ladies! I didn't think about the thickness :(

Thanks Tampa and Granny squares I'm going to check that out. And I think you're right, I'm going to cut the strip in half... More yarn

Archived