Roll Tide Virus Shawl

shuttlebuggy

Made this while at the shores in the Gulf on vacation with Caron Cakes "Red Velvet". Happy with results but had a question...

When working this pattern how do you keep both ends where the 10 DC are from curving upwards making more of a V shape form rather than an even end triangle shawl on the straighter long side???

Any thoughts???

Thanks all ????

post-10396-0-05708400-1478705037_thumb.jpg

It doesn't really show up on your picture that it is rolling up--at least, when mine rolls, it is curled.  So it might be that this is just the beginning of your shawl, and will "come out of it" as it gets bigger.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Like Avon Lady said.  I do not see it rolling up.  I don't do many shawls, so I have no answer, except how pretty that shawl is.  I was wondering how that yarn worked.

I wish I could use it, but it has wool in it.

Aww...thanks!

It's not that it "rolled" or "curled" on each end. But instead of a straight top edge of the triangle, the tips at each end take a curved upward angle, instead of straight point.

I've come across this before and some patterns are made to do this on purpose. I didn't care for the look so, experimented and found by adding stitches to the final 2-3 rows made the shawl straight across. You really need to experiment since each pattern is unique. I hope my tip helps you as it did me.

Archived