Dollygk

Hi Crocheters, I've made some snowflakes for gifts when I visit my sister during the holidays. Six each for a neighbor, a lovely 90 year old and for my sister. Try as hard as I could the pictures do not show that there is silver glitter on them but I'm sure with the twinkling lights on the tree that they will show.

I followed a tip and used equal parts of white glue and water (plus the silver glitter) and after pinning the snowflakes onto the cardboard, I painted each, they dried really stiff and great!!

Thanks for looking!!

post-76132-0-97281000-1477815849_thumb.jpg

post-76132-0-52837000-1477815977_thumb.jpg

They're beautiful and will be treasured for a very long time! I love snowflakes and was just looking at a few of my patterns thinking about making some more for this year. I like putting them in holiday cards too. They bring a smile when opened.

I too like the white glue +water formula for stiffening. The nice things about it is, it does not yellow, stays stiff and if a project gets soiled, it can be washed and re-stiffened. Plus, it does not attract bugs like sugar water or starch.

Great job!

The only way to do that is to hit quote button in our comment, which then copies our comment into your message for you to respond directly. Multi quote works well too.

I love snowflakes, too!  I use the same stiffening (half white glue/half water), but instead of silver glitter, I've been using the iridescent white--it's more subtle, but beautiful!

The only way to do that is to hit quote button in our comment, which then copies our comment into your message for you to respond directly. Multi quote works well too.

Thank you for the help!!

I love snowflakes, too!  I use the same stiffening (half white glue/half water), but instead of silver glitter, I've been using the iridescent white--it's more subtle, but beautiful!

Oo! Good idea! I never thought of that one! I'll have to give it a try sometime!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived