Halloween Paintings

ReniC

My oldest daughter goes all out with decorating for holidays especially Halloween and Christmas. Her front yard this year will have a graveyard per her request to me for gravestones and creepy ground fog.

I painted the 3 headstones for her and delivered the last one today. DD was thrilled. DH had scrap wood and cut the shapes for me.  I found photos on the web and took it from there with my painting. The skull has glow in the dark paint on it so, it should look pretty eerie at night. Poor old thing looks like he got punched in the jaw with the crooked teeth. LOL They stand about 24-26" x 17".

post-17452-0-58622600-1477333314_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-90451500-1477333323_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the nice compliments. I used to decorate for all holidays but age and health don't allow me to be so extravagant anymore, so, I enjoy through all my kids and grandkids (and Pinterest- LOL!).

lhendrix35, on 27 Oct 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

Those are cute, someone around here  always did up for Halloween, but, since I don't get around much now, I don't know what is done.

Thank you lhendrix35!

I have 2 neighbors with kids and they decorate every year- very early as a matter of fact. Not many kids Trick-or-Treat around here because they have a huge party for them at our POA clubhouse. All their golf carts are decorated and lit up and they pass out candy to all the kids. Houses are so spread out around here so it's much safer for them.

Tribble79, on 27 Oct 2016 - 4:57 PM, said:

I love those!!! They turned out amazing to

Thank you so much Daphne. It was fun to do some painting for a change.

Granny Square, on 28 Oct 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Oh my, I just saw this - these are wonderful, I got a good chuckle out of the names  :skeleton

Thank you Granny Square! Can't take the credit for the verses...I plagiarized those from online tutorials, but, the designs are mine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Startigerlily, on 25 Nov 2016 - 2:56 PM, said:

Oh, how cool! Those turned out really well. I love that they're handmade. :)

Thank you Belinda. I love handmade too!

Archived