How do I make these sleeves?

Minty-Goodness

Question

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section but I'm having problems trying to make the sleeves of this top.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-i1ZJoGlim-o/Uv9Y1WtxcEI/AAAAAAAAJ34/CrPwzHo4rxA/s1600/blusa+ana+foto.jpg

I have made this top before but I just crocheted the sleeves on and it looks different from this one. The one I made, the sleeves come straight out instead of gradually moving down the top like most long sleeve tops do.

I'm making another one and I'd like to make the arms like the one in picture. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

3 answers to this question

These look like set-in sleeves.  The sleeve top will be sort of bell-shaped, and the armhole will need to be shaped correspondingly.

I'm not sure what you meant by your description of the other one you made - was it like a T-shirt (drop sleeve)?  Where the body is straight at the sides from armpit to shoulder, and the sleeve is sort of trapezoid shaped?  This is the easiest sleeve to make, especially with lace; the only drawback is that this type of sleeve is a little loose under the arm (not tightly fitted), but for a lacy thing I don't think that would matter much (is more of a problem with a thicker, less drapey fabric). 

I'm assuming you don't have a pattern for this, and are trying to reverse-engineer it?  If it were me, especially with lace, I'd go with the drop sleeve.  A plus would be it could be made more 'seamlessly' than a set-in sleeve, where the connection to the body isn't a straight line.

Thanks for replying. :)

I attached two pictures.  The pink top is the one I made and you can see how I did the sleeves in it.  The second one is of a Brazilian talkshow host.  From the link you posted, the sleeves do look like they are the set-in type.

I do have a pattern for the top but it's not a complete pattern.  It's a chart only for the back piece so I had to use pictures to see how the front is done but I cannot find anything on how the sleeves were made.

I hope that there won't be any math involved for figuring this out because I was never good with math. :(

Here is a link to the pattern.

post-77436-0-63238700-1477268923_thumb.jpg

post-77436-0-19118800-1477269002_thumb.jpg

Archived