I need help with this stitch Pattern :) Please!

AnneCrochets

Question

Hello Everyone, 

I am Anne! I am new here, I was trying to figure this stitch out and can't figure it out!  It's the knot-like sections that I can't get, bobbles don't work for it!  I am stuck!

It is a very fine piece, I am using a 1.05 size hook, but could go finer, I just can't find my fine ones at the moment, I usually work on chunkier pieces!

Any ideas out there of what this stitch can be?!

Many thanks for any ones advice

Anne

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

The body appears to be chain loops; chain x, sc into the chain loop below, chain x.

Or, do you mean the edging's bumps?  Looks like a picot stitch to me, with a chain loop row below it.  

HI thanks a lot for your reply.  What do you mean by chain x, ?  chain 1 ? 

Yes I did mean the body, there are those 2 knot type looking stitches on either side of the stitch coming from the row above.  I added a couple more pictures, but it's that part that I can't understand, looks like a bobble, but its not, in the flesh it looks like a knot?  

Sorry, I meant chain some number--I couldn't quite count the chains in the photo.  Example chain 3, sc into chain loop below, chain 3, etc.  Or maybe chain 4, possibly 5 but not more than that.  

On a second look, I think there are 2 strands held together as the stitches are made, which might sort of blur the stitches.

The piece was made in the orientation of the first (leftmost) photo.  What (I believe) you are describing as 2 stitches -- like / and \ to make this /\ --are really some number of chains.  When you make rows and rows of chain loops, making the next row of loops over the middle of the loops below, the row of loops below end up looking pointy instead of round, because the row above is pulling them up a little...I hope that makes sense.  Example, this is what a schematic would look like if the loop was 4 chains: ch 4, sc in the chain below.  The dots are chains, the X is a sc, made over the chain below .

post-13625-0-48818200-1476739245_thumb.jpg

post-13625-0-89546600-1476739285_thumb.jpg

Archived