What stitch pattern is this

LadiBug329

Question

8 answers to this question

I will give it a try...thanks so much for your help. I still think out of a 3 row pattern, the top and bottom row is, like u said, a shell pattern and a chain 1 or 2 but the middle row is maybe a chain 4, sc in next stitch, then chain 4. The chain space is what you crochet the next row of shells in maybe? I'm gonna play with it today...it's a scarf so continuous frogging ain't gonna be so painful to get it right.

I agree with magiccrochet fan as it looks like the pattern to me. It just has the one row repeated for the skarf. someplaces it looks like a ch 1 between the 3dc and the 1 dc. You could try it with and without a ch between and use which you like best.

I think I have it...

Here's what I did...(hope I wrote it correctly)

I used RHSS and H hook

Ch36

Row 1 sc in ea ch stitch across (36), turn

Row 2 *chain 3, skip 3 st, sc in next st* rep * to last 4 st, ch 3, sc in last st, turn

Row 3 chain 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in ch 3 sp, 3 dc (cluster) in ea ch 3 sp across to last ch 3 sp, 2 dc in last ch 3 sp, dc in last stitch (completes 3 dc cluster), turn

Row 4 *ch 3, sc in sp between cluster, ch 3*, rep * to last cluster sp, ch 3, sc in top of last dc, turn.

To continue, just repeat row 3 and 4

I also like the sc edge before pattern starts. I plan to fringe each end so I would do it in the "holes" above the sc row.

I think when a color change is done, do it on the cluster row, and it will define the "V" the chain 3 gives once the cluster row is added.

I experimented with the other rows...first set is ch 6, skip 2, next set is ch 4, skip 2

Both of these sets caused it to be won't.

What do you think?

post-17735-0-36030900-1476635735_thumb.jpg

Thats vey nice and it will make a nice scarf but I wonder if you gave the picture you are following as what I get is different. 

Yours will make a nice scarf though. Do you mean that the first few  rows are what you want and the ones with the bigger chains aren't quite right?

Yes autocorrect....wonky

Yes first rows are very close, but maybe my hook is smaller and yarn weight is bigger. The later rows created holes too big.

I think it will make a nice scarf also...thinking of doing color changes every 5 or 6 rows of dc clusters.

This will also be an in-between project, working on an Afghan and get bored doing such a big project. No short term gratification I guess.

Archived