1st attempt at wire crochet-bracelet

Cordelia

Overall I dont like this piece BUT I gotta post because I finally tried wire crochet after fiddling with the idea for ages...:P

I can see potential for nice pieces and hope to explore this medium more...

if only the wire would mind!!!:eek

All and all this piece is very uniform which isnt to my liking but you cant just frog wire crochet ...lol

Hopefully the next try will be a bit more fun,:D !

1stattemptatqirecro02.jpg

1stattemptatqirecro01.jpg

Thanx for looking!

Looks good! :cheer You should be PROUD of this first piece and look forward to marking many more. If I were further along with thread crochet, I'd try wire myself. It looks interesting.

Will be watching for pictures of your furture wire accomplishments.:hug

Thanx for the compliments!:hug LOL...Swapna...uniformity rocks, sometimes, but in my head I had a whole 'nother thang going on....it isnt like the masterpiece that was rattling around my noggin'....

Please try it whoever wants too....It wasnt too time consuming but it did make my left forefinger achey for a bit...I have ordered a book on wire crochet, who knows when it will be here....

I used 28 gauge wire, glass beads, and a size 6 steel hook. The beads were added onto the wire before I began and crocheted into the piece as I went.

I'm just dropping this bracelet in my gift box, who knows who will end up with it.:devil

Thanx again!

Wow! I really like it! What kind of wire did you use? I have been wanting to try this form and wasn't sure what kind of wire to use. The salesfolks at my local craft stores aren't too helpful!

Donna I got it at Hobby Lobby over in the jewelry findings section....I can't remember if I paid 99 cents or $1.99. I also picked up some copper wire same gauge (28) from the same section. I wanted to add, it comes on spools like sewing thread.

I think its GREAT!!

Wire crochet isn't suppost to be very uniform, that's the beauty in in!! I love it! THe color of beads you chose are pretty too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived