Stuck on my Chevron lapghan

Babette Texan

Question

7 answers to this question

Can you give more details about the stitch pattern you developed for it? "160 and 10 peaks, i do it in 7s" is kinda vague.

Also, how many rows into it are you? Is this the first row after the beginning chain?

I took a look (your interesting avatar looked familiar) and found that you asked a similar question earlier (in August), and I was just about to give you more or less the same answer that I gave then,  Chevrons are just annoying to keep the counts of each hillside straight; I'm an experienced crocheter (not an expert, just been doing it a lot of years) and I've only done 2 ripples in (eek) 45 years because I find my stitch count drifting, too, when my mind wanders.  You really do have to keep counting.

I've never tried a granny ripple, but I've always thought this had to be a really easy way to do a ripple because after the initial set-up, (I'd think) the rest of the blanket would be just about impossible to lose count.  Below are examples of shallow and wide versions:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#query=ripple%2C%20granny&pc=blanket&view=captioned_thumbs&craft=crochet&availability=free&sort=best

Edit, I was looking all over for this one to link for you, I thought I'd saved it but hadn't (now I have)--this was another one that I thought would be more 'mindless' than a normal ripple for the same reason as the one above, because the pattern below you 'tells' you what to do, rather than having to count each time.. The colors go the 'wrong' way which I think makes it interesting, but if you want to be brave you could re-plot it on graph paper so the eyelet pattern went ^^^ instead of >>>.  The granny might be easier than this one if you haven't done filet before, however (but we can help if you have questions).  

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hopscotch-blanket

Archived