What is your favorite scrap afghan pattern?

lynnf2012

I have 2 really i guess as I have a box of granny type squares all different made from ends of  yarn.  I don't know when I'll  have enough to put it all together but at some point I will get round to it.

The other is to simply make a rainbow stripped afghan with every 4 rows I do a different stitch so it also becomes a stitch sampler.  But then I in the past I've done the same with knitting and of course embroidery stitch samplers.  I just thought it would be nice to do the same in crochet.

I've been wanting to try this pattern for many moons but cannot seem to get around to it. Someday.

Any kind of squares works for me too.

I just finished a pastel rainbow C2C afghan that was made with my stash of Caron Simply Soft yarn. I only had to purchase 1 skein to complete it. When I can get around to it, I'll post photos in completed afghans.

• 4 weeks later...

I have thought about making the following:

• Corner to Corner
  • Trip around the world(Tunisian Crochet)
  • Never ending granny square
  • I have 2 books that have different types of afghans that use scraps!

Any other suggestions I would love!

I decided to make this a goal for Christmas this year.  I'm making a granny rectangle, a large granny square, a granny stripe, and a granny chevron.  I've finished the granny stripe and have the granny square and the granny rectangle started.  It is a great way to use up small skeins and balls of yarn.  I'm determined to reclaim my spare bedroom that is overrun with yarn and this has been a great start.

I love the concept of squares but have little patience with putting them together.  However, I do love the other granny stitches.  They do make a nice warm fun blanket.

I've been wanting to try this pattern for many moons but cannot seem to get around to it. Someday.

I just finished a pastel rainbow C2C afghan that was made with my stash of Caron Simply Soft yarn. I only had to purchase 1 skein to complete it. When I can get around to it, I'll post photos in completed afghans.

Reni that C2C afghan you made it is beautiful:). I do not crochet many afghans, but my next one it will be like the one you just made. I just fallen in love with that afghan of yours:).

But I have a very different opinion about that kind of afghan (that link you posted here) LOL. I am just not "crazy" about that look. Do not pay any attention, that is only my opinion. We all have different likes and dislikes...

I do have an old picture of a scrap afghan that I like. Every few rows pop corn stitch was used. At least I think that was a pop corn LOL. Some kind of "bobbles" for sure. I would post that picture here, but we are not allowed to post someone else's work.

I love you Head Stones you painted:)

Happy Halloween:)

Krys

USpolishgirl, on 25 Oct 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:USpolishgirl, on 25 Oct 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Reni that C2C afghan you made it is beautiful:). I do not crochet many afghans, but my next one it will be like the one you just made. I just fallen in love with that afghan of yours:).

But I have a very different opinion about that kind of afghan (that link you posted here) LOL. I am just not "crazy" about that look. Do not pay any attention, that is only my opinion. We all have different likes and dislikes...

I do have an old picture of a scrap afghan that I like. Every few rows pop corn stitch was used. At least I think that was a pop corn LOL. Some kind of "bobbles" for sure. I would post that picture here, but we are not allowed to post someone else's work.

I love you Head Stones you painted:)

Happy Halloween:)

Krys

Thank you Krys. I'm so glad you like the C2C and it is so much faster than most once you get it started, it is very easy to follow.

Isn't it wonderful to have so many color choices with fiber art? What I have in mind for the first link I included, since I didn't really care for the color scheme, was to make it in colors I like. Lavenders, blues, aquas, turquoises, pastel green,s etc. That makes a big difference to me on whether I will like a pattern or not by trying to visualize what it will look like with my color choices. Another idea I had was pinks, roses, and peaches, etc. I know whatever you decide to do, your Wish-List blanket will turn out beautiful.  :)

That link is the one I want to do, but don't have enough yarn yet.... I usually only have yarn for my current project. I am sure someday I will have enough leftover to do this with!!!

Archived