Hi from Humid Florida!

beachytracie

Hi! I haven't crocheted in years. I'm picking it back up again because my grown daughter wants me to crochet a travel-sized version of a blanket I made for her years ago. I'm hoping if I post a picture of the old blanket, someone can help me identify what kind of stitch pattern I used! Lol. Thanks so much!

post-78394-0-68983400-1474239378_thumb.jpg

Hi, welcome to the ville!

that pretty blanket looks like it has been well-loved through the years as i can see the stitches are stretched out.  so when you go to recreate it it is not going to look exactly the same.

the direction of work is sideawys to the way it is posted.  it is a shell stitch consisting of 2 double crochet, 2 (i think) chains, 1 double crochet.  the elongated parts are just where the yarn has pulled between the dc stitches.  

it's really pretty, the open look and the colors make me think of a mermaid's garment.  and it's very sweet that your daughter wants onother version of it :-)  

this is very close (and another loved and recreated blanket!) http://goodknits.com/blog/2011/10/18/crochet-offset-shell-stitch/

the only difference i think is this shell is 3 dc-ch1-dc, and yours is 2dc-ch 2 (or 1)-dc.  so it wouldn't be hard to tweak this to be just like what i see in your photo.  

Thank you so much Kathy!! Yes, my daughter loves that blanket...she's 30 lol and she has always poked her fingers through the holes. She travels for work and asked me to make a travel size so she doesn't have to pack that big one. You are so kind to help me! Now I can start on her new blankie! I love that she wants one too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived