jessicali

3 Slouch Beanies!

I got approached again for an order for some hats, but this lady wanted to swap some Lula Roe leggings and a shirt (if you've never tried Lula Roe... Find a rep and get some!! So soft and comfy!!)

She wanted slouch beanies.. Here are the 3 I did for her (Her color choices out of my in stash yarn)

This one is called The Marion Slouch and I got the free pattern from Little Monkey's Crochet. I did this one in ILTY Autumn Sunset. I had gotten a skein of this on clearance at Hobby Lobby back last fall, and never found a use for it until now. I didn't really think I would like it after I bought it, and now it's never in stock at my local HL and I LOVE how it worked up as a hat! This one took the full skein of yarn. Like literally, I had about 6 inches of yarn left over... I was sweating it towards the end of the hat   :haha

post-46820-0-19916400-1473874088_thumb.jpg

These 2 are called Wheat Fields Slouch and are from a free pattern from The Lavender Chair. These hats only took 1/2 skein each. The pattern called for a button, but the lady who wanted them did NOT want the button on them, so I modified them so they wouldn't have the little flap. For these, she chose RHSS Charcoal and RHSS Gold.

post-46820-0-15604700-1473874218_thumb.jpg   post-46820-0-34951800-1473874312_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking :) 

• Like 1

I don't know why this posted in the "Men's Items" sections. I wanted it in just the "Wearables and Accessories" section. That's what I get for trying to post on my phone lol

Nice hats and its great you have been able to swap for things.

Edited by bgs

You're doing great at swapping!  I really love all three hats, but that first one is amazing that it's one variegated skein.  It worked up so perfectly that I thought it was multiple solid skeins with a variegated on some rows.  Even if they don't have Autumn Sunset, I bet their other variegated would work up the same way.  :)

• Like 1

You're doing great at swapping!  I really love all three hats, but that first one is amazing that it's one variegated skein.  It worked up so perfectly that I thought it was multiple solid skeins with a variegated on some rows.  Even if they don't have Autumn Sunset, I bet their other variegated would work up the same way.  :)

My thoughts exactly!! There are some of theirs that I just had to NOT buy the other day because I kept thinking they would make really nice looking hats in this pattern. 

• Like 1

Love your hats.You have done an awesome job on them.I would love to be able to barter in goods instead of money all of the time.Congrats!

Wow great work. First one is especially amazing, and I have had that happen with almost running out of yarn and not having more as well. It is super stressful!!!