Lighted Jack-O-Lantern

Tampa Doll

It is getting close to Halloween time.  I got my new Crochet World magazine, first in digital, then in paper form.  I saw this pattern and knew I had to make it.

Of course mine does not look like the original, but I think it is cute.  You put one of those lighted candles inside.

post-105-0-38964800-1473519607_thumb.jpg  See my many colors

On cute!! I have. Add those with smaller balloons as tree ornaments and I use stiffly too lol. Darling idea and great job it looks as though instead of just wrapping yarn around a ballon form stiffening it and then popping the balloon you know like you do for Easter decorations you crocheted it before molding it!! Brilliant job live it.

Actually I used a 6" Styrofoam ball to stiffen.  It is actually crocheted in 2  halves.  You are suppose to stiffen the halves and then glue them together.

I use balloons for the smaller ornaments also.

Wow! This is fantastic! I've always loved those crochet...sculptures? I can't think of a better way to describe them because they really are sculptures. This turned out awesome Mary Jo! I've always wanted to do one but haven't had the guts. It seems like it would be hard to form.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived