"Santa's Mini Boots":)- stocking

USpolishgirl

Hello again:)

Here I got pictures of 3 mini stockings I am almost done with fourth one. Now I call them "Santa's Boots" :). Because they look to me like boots.

After I finished the other once for Charity I thought I will make more of them  and keep them for gift giving.  My two little neighbors will like them specially if I put something inside for them. As for my two granddaughters they are older now BUT they always like money! LOL.. I will put some money inside for them.

I probably will add some more decorations to those "Boots". Maybe a jingle bell or little pom-poms. 

They are only 6" long and very easy & fast to make. I got that pattern from Mary Jo. 

Happy crocheting

Krys

PS: Couple pictures below of "work in progress" to show you how easy that is.

post-73590-0-60071200-1473371539_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-81647900-1473371557_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-43314600-1473371593_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-77976600-1473371613_thumb.jpg

I have used this very same pattern to make baby booties that are easy and cute!

I guess you can make that to any size you want very easy, even with the same weight of yarn. Just start with longer or shorter chain and more or less rows.

That is a great pattern if you need to make many of them LOL.

Krys 

They're really cute!  They'd make great gift card holders, too.  :)

You are right, they would be great for gift cards. And for little kids even a coloring book rolled up and maybe a small box of Crayons would fit.  I guess for a Crayons box that would have to be a little bigger. Probably 4 or 6 stitches longer starting chain and if someone would want maybe a couple extra rows. But that would not be necessary because boots comes in many different heights LOL. 
For that girl I might crochet a couple hair scrunches or hair flower clips & add candy. For that boy I am not sure. Maybe couple match box cars or a tiny Minions from a Dollar store or whatever.. and candy. I am sure I can stuff a lot of little goodies in it :).

Krys

It is amazing how we can take one pattern and change it to fit what we want.  This pattern started out only 2" tall.

Yes we can because when it comes to yarn  we are a "Magicians"! LOL

I even adjusted tiny bit those above and those I made for Charity. Instead of 4 sl st on that widest-lower part I sl st 3 of them.  So that upper part got 2 stitches wider=0,5" . I thought even 0,5" wider maybe would help to fit a bigger bar of soap or something... Anyway they can stretch a bit too so that will help.

Krys

Archived