I don't know where else to post this so I will post it here.  I have a lot of these tabs and am considering crocheting a bag with them.  Has anyone ever crocheted anything with these tabs and if so what typr of yarn do yoiu think is best to use for this project?  Somehow I feel that the metal could rub on the acrylic and rip it and para-cord might be costly.

I never have used pop tops, but the items I've seen with it appear to have used plain old acrylic.  I thing the roughest thing would be the part that was connected to the can, I imagine that might be able to be sanded smooth(er).  Acrylic is pretty tough stuff, I actually think acrylic yarn would be more durable than craft paracord; and unless the latter comes in different sizes I think paracord would be awfully thick to crochet around a tab with.

I made a purse and used acrylic yarn. easy to work with. cant remember how many I used. but it came out really nice. had a pic, but cant find it now. I really enjoyed make it. sure took a while to collect the tabs. had my family helping me.

Someone gave me a ton of tabs.  I know they have to be washed.  I will put them in a large colander, fill the sink with soapy water and shake around well, then rinse them well.  I think I then have to check for sharp edges and snip them with wire cutters.  A couple of youtubes showed tthe demonstrator using a nylon cord, that's why I was asking.