Wear Everywhere Cardigan from Crochet World Feb.2016

O-Castitatis-Lilium

Question

My mother was looking through my issue of Crochet world when she spotted this pattern in the 2016 February edition. She fell in love with it and I started making it. I know it's been a while for it, but I'm only just now getting to the left panel of it. Though, after I did the lace, the pattern instructions for the left panel says to copy the back panel instructions up through the armhole, only omitting the increase row on the small size only. I am doing the 2XL version because my mom likes her sweaters and things like them super big. and the only stitch count it gave me for the entire panel was 56. After doing the first row after the lace pattern, I have 57, not 56...I pulled it out and followed it again and still came up with the same issue. I read through the entirety of the back panel, thinking I take it out somewhere else in the pattern, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Not only that, it doesn't give me how many stitches I'm suppose to have for certain areas like it does with the back, so it's really rather confusing. I have even tried to work it out on my graph paper and it's still the same result. I know that the back panel chain is 134 and you end up with 111 stitches to work with the first row after the lace work, so I tried seeing how many stitches I would be taking away, thinking I could get a good idea of what it might be, but it tells me that I should only have 45 left X.X so that was a dead end.

I was wondering if anyone else had done this pattern, more preferably the 2XL, but any little bit of help that is offered I will take, and I want to know if you have run into the same issue. If anyone has the stitch count too that would be super awesome.

Thank you for all your help! ^_^

9 answers to this question

You already did what I do when I get a wrong count. I try to work it out on paper.

You can try looking for the pattern on ravelry for comments or at least someone that made it. If the designer's name is listed, do a search for her. If nothing else, go to Crochet World's site and contact them.

Here is the errata page for that issue, that pattern is mentioned - twice, no less.  I stopped subscribing several years ago due to the errors, sad to say.

http://www.crochet-world.com/revisions.php?issue_date=2016-02-01

Yeah, I have this one...if you actually click on it...it only give you the error correction for page 11 at the armohole for the back...nothing else.

Argh, they can't even get the errata right. 

None of the Ravelry projects of your pattern have been logged as completed, which doesn't seem like a good sign, and one is coded as an "ugh".

If you give up...here are links to free cardigan patterns with DK weight yarn, maybe another will work for you?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#weight=dk&page=1&fit=adult&query=cardigan&craft=crochet&availability=free&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs

This was in the above search, sort of reminded me of your pattern (3/4 sleeve, plain bodice, lacy bottom, lots of sizes)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cardigan-235

Argh, they can't even get the errata right. 

None of the Ravelry projects of your pattern have been logged as completed, which doesn't seem like a good sign, and one is coded as an "ugh".

If you give up...here are links to free cardigan patterns with DK weight yarn, maybe another will work for you?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#weight=dk&page=1&fit=adult&query=cardigan&craft=crochet&availability=free&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs

This was in the above search, sort of reminded me of your pattern (3/4 sleeve, plain bodice, lacy bottom, lots of sizes)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cardigan-235

XD LOL!!!! you are so funny!

Though I have to agree, I have noticed a very big increase in errors in patterns today than when my grandmother was younger. I guess they just don't see crocheting and knitting as important anymore. It's sad really. I know mistakes are made, it can happen even in books, but I have noticed that I have had more trouble and mistakes in patterns that are written from like late 90's early 2000's onward, than I have from like patterns I have gotten that were from my grandmother's time. 

I thank you for taking the time to find another on that looks exactly the same. I will show her this and hopefully she likes it, if not, I will work with what I have here and try to find a work around for it. Actually, what I might do is test out all of the other sizes and see if they are all wrong. if they are, I can put them here if you guys want, in case anyone else has an issue with this. I might make a ravelry project post as well for the information. 

Again, Thank you guys so much! I really do appreciate it! ^_^

It's near 2 am here, and I figured it out! if you follow the instructions exactly the same as the back, and ignore the ommitting part, you get the correct sizing. UGH! it's so frustrating, I sat here for HOURS trying to figure this out. I will make a ravelry thing for it tomorrow, hopefully it will help more people

Once again, thank you guys so much, you guys are awesome! ^_^

Well done!!  too bad you had to go thru all that trouble though, but so nice to have a happy ending.  

If you post your project in Rav, make the first sentence of your notes something like "pattern help for size 2x for the front", it might catch people's eye if they are looking thru projects for helpful comments.  I just finished a project where someone did just exactly that, and it helped me (there were lots of projects and I might not have caught it otherwise).

Archived