Japanese Weave Wrap

Tampa Doll

I have finally finished the Japanese Weave Wrap.

It was not hard, once you figured out the pattern.  I sat for a couple of days trying to figure out what was wrong and it dawned on me that It is to be a cable.

The designer has you taking the ones to be crossed off the needle, the do the pattern on the next few stitches, then put the other stitches back on the original needle.  I found it easier to keep the stitches on the dp needles and knit from there.  It turned out so much easier.

I must say you are working with 8 balls of yarn at one time, no bobbins.  Can get messy. 

Tampa Guys says it has to many holes to be warm. 

I used Berroco Comfort Chunky it is the yarn the pattern calls for.  It is very soft, but it does have a tendency to split.

Well, here it is:

post-105-0-76908500-1472318238_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-84595000-1472318253_thumb.jpg

that's very impressive!  lol even more so after i looked up the pattern on ravelry and saw a project photo of the 8 strands on one needle and starting to be crossed over each other---yikes!  Kudos to you for being able to make it :cheer

Thank you.  Once I ignored how she did the cable, I was fine.  Every once in a while, you untangle the strands.

I am glad you like it and I still have to decide who to send it to.

At first, I look at the pictures - "Oh! I bet it looks great as a throw..." Then I read the above posts and Ravelry project pages afterward.... I just 'tiptoe' away so slow and quiet.... lol.

Seriously, it look so fabulous! :)

Thank you.  Once I ignored how she did the cable, I was fine.  Every once in a while, you untangle the strands.

I am glad you like it and I still have to decide who to send it to.

Mary Jo that shawl is beautiful!:)

You should keep that for your self. Even in Florida are probably some days that you need something warmer. And because of all those opening I thought it would be perfect for Florida cooler days:).

Krys

Archived